Rear speakers not working

Jminkley

Paid Member
I've just bought a 197 and it has a pioneer radio in it with slightly updated speakers front and back. However there is no sound coming from the rear speakers. The fade on the radio is set to the middle so this shouldn't be an issue. I assume they are wired up as why would someone upgrade the speakers? Any help would be great

Firstly - are you sure it has rear speakers? They don't all come with them as standard although the wiring is there. Pop the covers off and have a look.

Rear speakers were an optional extra, many didn't come with them. Pull out the plastic mesh where the speaker is. I doubt there is a speaker in there

There are speakers there. They aren't standard ones as they are orange you can see them through the grill

Take the covers off and check the connectors, I think pioneer speakers are the only ones which don't need the connectors changed to the spade type, previous owner may have bodged them.

Take the covers off and check the connectors, I think pioneer speakers are the only ones which don't need the connectors changed to the spade type, previous owner may have bodged them.

I will on Saturday. Hope it's nothing expensive

Right, just had the speakers out they're wired up well properly soldered. There's a receipt for a underseat sub that is no longer in the car. Would the rear speakers have anything to do with this?

Last edited:
can anyone help with this?would the speakers have been connected to the sub that is no longer there?