Rear GT spoiler

Yes it fits, but needs a little work on the spoiler mounting to get it to fit, nothing too serious takes about half an hour. You need to cut a couple of lugs off. I fitted one to mine.

Yes it fits, but needs a little work on the spoiler mounting to get it to fit, nothing too serious takes about half an hour. You need to cut a couple of lugs off. I fitted one to mine.

Could you please post a picture to see how it looks. What happend with brake light on boot lid, GT spoiler placed over brake light? Is it neccessary to drill boot lid, or how?

y6eramam.jpg

Not mine but it looks like this. The new spoiler mount fits in where the old brake light was, it all fits no bother, you just need to trim the lugs down. Mine is screwed and bonded. There is a plastic mount that fits across the full back of the tailgate at the top. This is bonded screwed on, then the spoiler slides clips in. It can be removed as per the original to access the brake light, window squisher etc.

Hi Womble, I'm a new-comer, literally, having bought a nice clean Silver 197 F1 Team R27. I've ordered an RS Splitter to replace the black "band" and the Streamline Carbon inlets and black badges. The silver "Clio" letters will go, and I've ordered some light smoke rear lights (the standard ones are so garish). The question is now which upper rear spoiler. Yours looks really tidy and improves on the CUP model by bringing the third brake light to the rear lip, not down a tunnel in the original position.
Is it self-coloured, if so which? Is it a nuisance to fit? I'm not very handy but no doubt a body shop can fit it at the same time as the other bits! The other spoiler with the triangular edges is a but on the big size but how does yours compare?
many thanks for any views. Tom (TKT12)

Hi mine is a genuine Renault spoiler paint to suit. It is not meant to fit our cars as it is designed for the Clio GT tailgate. Any decent body shop can get it to fit. I had a Cup spoiler on my last Clio 200. This one is more subtle and compliments the lines on the car. My person choice is this one. I got it from eBay from a smashed car, dremelled the bits you don't need off and painted it and fitted it.

Have to say the GT spoiler is a lot better than the 'cup' one but still behind the 'sprint' one in terms of looks.

Hi Womble, the GT Heckspoiler has arrived. Very nice, but I must be missing something as there are what appear to be (your term) "lugs" that want to slide onto, again your term, "a mount". Being able to be conspicuously thick, really(!), I suspect as it hasn't come with it in the box from Deutschland, that this is a piece of Renault kit I will need ;(. You don't happen to have a part number, perchance?
Thanks for your perseverance, experience takes some getting!

Could you let me know how you get on with finding a mounting bracket TKT? Very interested in fitting one of these to my clio

Dom

you can get these from renault im actualy in the process of buying one the top of the spoiler is at the spray job getting sprayed

part number is - 8200639611 GT Spoiler Lower Section