Rear cluster plastic lugs

DS197

POTM Winner - June 2017
Paid Member
Hoping someone can help me. Tried taking out the nearside rear light cluster and all was well until the cluster wouldn't come out from the edge. Tried pulling it but the plastic lugs won't budge at all. Is it worth taking to halfrauds?

Hoping someone can help me. Tried taking out the nearside rear light cluster and all was well until the cluster wouldn't come out from the edge. Tried pulling it but the plastic lugs won't budge at all. Is it worth taking to halfrauds?

I found this a real pain in the arse when I removed the rear clusters. I had to jump on here twice just to check I definitely hadn't missed anything! There's the 3 screws and that's it. The plastic plugs I found VERY tight. Slip you finger under the bottom edge, and shuffle them around the cluster working your way around the outside towards the top. As long as your fingers are wedged between the car metal and the cluster, you wont damage anything and it will eventually pop off.

Try not to just pull at it, just keep shuffling fingers around and push from the back of the cluster. Maybe wear some thin gloves to save skin damage!

Last edited:
Appreciate your reply mate :thumbup1: Had another go today and finally got them out. Had one hand near the lower plastic lug and one near the top of the light and pulled the cluster out with some force. I was suprised I didn't break anything when they came out! Now to repeat the whole experience again when I get some silver indicators :thumbdown:

Appreciate your reply mate :thumbup1: Had another go today and finally got them out. Had one hand near the lower plastic lug and one near the top of the light and pulled the cluster out with some force. I was suprised I didn't break anything when they came out! Now to repeat the whole experience again when I get some silver indicators :thumbdown:

That's why I had mine out to fit the silver visions :smile: it's rather unnerving and you really do have to use some force! Taking them out next time should be a little easier though, 1 because they've already been out, and 2 because hopefully now you've a better idea of what you're doing :smile: