Rear Camber plates

fmp

Platinum Member
Just like the RS of old, the rear hub bolts to the beam, so it would be very easy to add some camber plates.

Does anyone know if anyone is making some?

A degree or two of extra camber would be good to have for track work!

Just like the RS of old, the rear hub bolts to the beam, so it would be very easy to add some camber plates.

Does anyone know if anyone is making some?

A degree or two of extra camber would be good to have for track work!

they are available - due to the clio racers and rally cars

A good way to wear ure rear tyres out :wink: i guess ud keep them on for road us too?

I don't think 1 degree of camber would affect the tyre wear too much, only has the same affect as lowering the front

You don't add more camber to the rear, you use the shims to reduce the camber and remove the toe-in, making them parallel - well, if you're using them properly you do.

The last thing you want on a FWD race car is to add more rear grip!

camber shims 12 7711160176 30,05 €
20´ 7711160175 30,05 €
30´ 7711160174 30,05 €
1° 7711160173 30,05 €
13 7711160172 30,05 €
20´ 7711160171 30,05 €
30´ 7711160170 30,05 €
1° 7711160169 30,05 €

Degree-part number- price

so..., could you add a spacer inbetween the hub and beam instead of hub to alloy and wouldnt need to be hubcentric as it wouldnt be rotating?

You don't add more camber to the rear, you use the shims to reduce the camber and remove the toe-in, making them parallel - well, if you're using them properly you do.

The last thing you want on a FWD race car is to add more rear grip!

more rear grip can = more understeer, i liek a looser back end rather than a sticky twitchy one...that may dump u in the s~#t

so..., could you add a spacer inbetween the hub and beam instead of hub to alloy and wouldnt need to be hubcentric as it wouldnt be rotating?

No. You're barking up the wrong tree there, Leon.

What makes you say that Mike? On my old car (Fiesta ZS) ford sold spacers which went between the rear beam and the brake drums. They used these spacers on production models of the racing puma and racing Ka.

Sorry, in terms of these shims for adjusting camber/toe. I thought he'd misunderstood what they were? They're like little cheese wedges, not spacers as such.