rear brace bar actually do anything?

I've got one like that in mine, was only £10 on eBay.

Would say have a look at the Ultra Racing braces that [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] sells, they go just behind the back seats.

Can't see them doing much. The rear beam takes all the cornering force on the rear and that is mounted to the floor not the strut tops so not a lot of torsional stress put on the struts. I doubt it would make any difference except add weight!

I fitted the rear bar and the front strut bar today - maybe it is a placebo effect, but the car seems stiffer and there are certainly less rattles in the rear of the car. I will go for a spirited drive on the weekend to get a better idea.

I would imagine you'd want to fit front and rear to get the full effect. I have just the front and definitely gives better turn in imo, but a rear would definitely tighten up things more.

The clio has such a good chassis tho, it doesn't really need messing with

Not sure they do anything, think most of these mods are placebo, and not sure they translate to anything on the road.....

Can't see them doing much. The rear beam takes all the cornering force on the rear and that is mounted to the floor not the strut tops so not a lot of torsional stress put on the struts. I doubt it would make any difference except add weight!

This.

That's why by stiffening the rear axle you see results. And you can do that by fitting a RARB. However this product used to be cheap (ish), def not the story now...

Had Ultra rear brace fitted for about a year or so. Does nothing but provide a nice mounting point for harness'.
The Ultra rear sway bar certainly does work though.

Last edited:
Had Ultra rear brace fitted for about a year or so. Does nothing but provide a nice mounting point for harness'.
The Ultra rear sway bar certainly does work though.

the rear brace shouldn't be used as a harnesses bar. One its too low so the angle of the straps is wrong and secondly is not secure enough to be safely used as a harness mount.

On the subject of "do they work" I have all the UR braces, the Rear ARB and under chassis bar definately work in keeping the car flatter with less chassis movement

Last edited:
the rear brace shouldn't be used as a harnesses bar. One its too low so the angle of the straps is wrong and secondly is not secure enough to be safely used as a harness mount.

On the subject of "do they work" I have all the UR braces, the Rear ARB and under chassis bar definately work in keeping the car flatter with less chassis movement

Firstly the the angle of the straps from the top bar is much better than attaching to rear floor mount & is definitely within the allowable degrees of attachment, not as good as mounted to a cage or bar directly behind your head but the next best thing & definitely safe.
Secondly the 4 attachment points for the bar are certainly secure enough mounting points for harness use.
Also i have strengthening tubes fitted to the upper bar where the harness bolts go through which was required by engineer.

I have been competing with it installed at National & State CAMS/FIA sanctioned motorsport events (tarmac rallies, hill climbs, super sprints etc) for 2 seasons (including 1 high speed off at Bathurst) & it has also been scrutineered at least 30 times.
Im not suggesting anybody should follow suit as I do suspect you may have different motorsport regulations in the UK.
As a matter of interest i have since ordered the new KTR harness bar to use but my 'Ultra' solution has worked well for nearly 2 years of competition.

Also Fernandez can i ask what is happening with development of the BC coilovers for the Clio III ?

Last edited: