Re-spray or Wrap

Re-spray or Wrap?

• Total voters
What's peoples opinions on getting a car re-sprayed, or just wrapped?
Anyone know the pros and cons?
Answers on a postcard and lodge your opinions in the poll. :wiz:

Wrap so that you can remove at resale time, people don't like buying resprayed cars.

Whichever method you go for make sure you go to a decent place, both will cost you around a grand for a proper job.

depends on the finsh your after I have installed a few wraps and seen many you will never get the same finish as a well done respray

The reason your considering this is probably because your bored of the colour you have. No doubt get bored of a new colour through time. Easier to pull off a wrap than respray again and again. Sure you'd be cheaper to wrap and don't have to inform DVLA of a colour change. Not sure how insurance would be affected with respray.

My 2 cents

Wrap all the way. I'm having mine done for the above reasons also cheaper and lot less hassle with log book etc etc

I'm having mine wrapped because at some stage it will go back to blue as it will be easier if/when I comes to resale time.

but its deemed as a temporary change... thus meaning that you dont need to inform the dvla. It is however letting your insurance company know.

no the DVLA doesn't need informing with a wrap as the colour is only temporary, a permanent change like a respray does require DVLA notification.
I'd probably let the insurance know the car is wrapped a different colour though.

actually the dvla does need informing if its a wrap, had to look into it for a customer a few months ago

I got told told different by the DVLA when I was sorting out the fiesta and got told a wrap they don't need telling as it can be taken off at any point to restore it back to it's original colour but you may be asked to show the cars original colour if there is any suspicion of the plates not belonging to the car etc etc.
I think I'd check with police to make sure as that's where you would get most trouble from.
it would be a PITA to do if you changed it on the logbook then took it off a year later and had to change it again.
what colour would you put down if it was a 50/50 split into 2 colours.

same here tia, I have been informed by the dvla, insurance and the local bobby that you dont need to inform anybody but your insurance company?!

luckily I know the majority of the police in the area through work and friends etc, and so shouldnt have any problems with them around here, but yeah he basically said that you may be required to show the cars original colour, which is why I would personally leave the engine bay :smile:

ITS TAKING TRANSITION VERY SOON:smiley: