Rant

Strange I know. But back in the 90's when I worked my way through three Scoobies, people used to think that I would come in for some serious aggression in such "outlandish" cars (bare in mind that this was a while back now). But strangely not. I'd be struggling to think of more than a couple of incidents over some 6 years of Scooby ownership.

Wind forward to 2012 and me down sized to a new shape Suzuki Swift sport and I could hardly go out of my front gates without some knob either driving up my backside, cutting me up in some stupid way etc. etc. (you get the idea). Used to think that maybe it was the diminutive size of the car and that people got affronted when they realised that it actually handled rather well (which id did and does). Strange old world.

without sounding harsh - its only an issue if you let it become one. Just ignore them / let them past, if you start reacting then you are as bad as them - if they are driving like a helmet, make a note of the reg and report it.

i totally agree. But yesterday l got over twice for this doughnut to let him pass but he would rather just sit behind to a point I can't see his plates. It does get hard to ignore it, when I've done nothing wrong.

Not only that my plate reads T27 CUP, so if I did piss someone off it wouldnt be to hard to recognise/find me lol, so I do 99% time just forget about it. I love my car too much for someone to take revenge on it over road rage. But like I said before it just seems to be in this Clio were getting a lot of tailgating.

It's not worth the chance that the other person is a complete psychopath.

I met one of these psychopath about 5 years ago, to be totally honest it was my own fault, I did pull out on him on a roundabout

story time again lol. I was in my Honda S2000, (9 o clock at night) went straight over the roundabout where a motorbike came out of nowhere, honestly did not see him till he was nearly in my rear wing, he called me a nasty word as you can imagine, I put hand out of the window to say sorry, but then all hell broke loose. The motorcyclist looked like one of those hells Angels, chopper looking battered bike, German army green helmet, beard and dreadlocks down to his arse crack, you get the picture, an evil looking S.O.B.

he decide to chase me all through town, trying ram me of the road, he then proceeded to kick the driversside door repeatedly whilst on his bike, swear to god it was like a scene out of mad max lol I'd managed to get on a long straight and get away for all 30 seconds, but he caught up over took me, then stopped got of his bike and took his little German helmet off and decides to launch it at my car, but missed.

A total f**king nutcase and I cut him up lol. This road rage happen for 10 minutes, I was worried about my car at first, but then this nutter wanted blood and couldn't give two sh*ts about the car, just wanted this physcho leave me alone. Luckily the car just had a dent and a scuff on the door (dent man, a bit of T cut and £40 later good as new)

the point of this story is don't mess with white bearded men with dreadlocks on a motorbike :d and this happened in Southend lol

Strange I know. But back in the 90's when I worked my way through three Scoobies, people used to think that I would come in for some serious aggression in such "outlandish" cars (bare in mind that this was a while back now). But strangely not. I'd be struggling to think of more than a couple of incidents over some 6 years of Scooby ownership.

Wind forward to 2012 and me down sized to a new shape Suzuki Swift sport and I could hardly go out of my front gates without some knob either driving up my backside, cutting me up in some stupid way etc. etc. (you get the idea). Used to think that maybe it was the diminutive size of the car and that people got affronted when they realised that it actually handled rather well (which id did and does). Strange old world.

I had a Scooby for 5 years and agree with the above. Like someone mentioned earlier "know what league your in" and most people knew that Scoobys were awesome machines that you wouldnt stand a chance against unless in pretty much a super car.

Little fat arsed flared arched French pocket rocket - everyone wants a go. :blink:

Cor blimey - harrowing story about the bearded biker. Burnout Takedown springs to mind.

had this happen the other day, i think its because they look sporty, other drivers have in there mind "race" or "chav"
i had a very angry guy come up to my car after me overtaking cruising passed a lorry at 63mph so wasn't a fast overtake.. anyway got to traffic lights and they guy got out, come up to my passenger window.. started swearing blah blah, on the way back to his car he keyed the whole side of my car .... Absolutely gutted. £960 to repair and paint in Alien Green again.. if it cant be matched it looked like a whole Respray job :/
sometimes people go too far

just be careful, nutters are out there

on the way back to his car he keyed the whole side of my car .... Absolutely gutted. £960 to repair and paint in Alien Green again.. if it cant be matched it looked like a whole Respray job :/

**** that. Reg number, police, insurance claim.

had this happen the other day, i think its because they look sporty, other drivers have in there mind "race" or "chav"
i had a very angry guy come up to my car after me overtaking cruising passed a lorry at 63mph so wasn't a fast overtake.. anyway got to traffic lights and they guy got out, come up to my passenger window.. started swearing blah blah, on the way back to his car he keyed the whole side of my car .... Absolutely gutted. £960 to repair and paint in Alien Green again.. if it cant be matched it looked like a whole Respray job :/

just be careful, nutters are out there

You must have the patience and restraint of a saint! I get angry when people don't indicate, so if someone did that to my car I would be raging! :jedi:

WELL this is the thing, i knew in my head, if i did do something in anger to him id be the one getting done for assault so i used my brain over rage and took a video, police tracked him down and are in the process now of him paying for repairs under "criminal damage"
did think about insurance but have no protected no claims, excess of £500 inc compulsory + voluntary. so renewal time ive had £500 anyway, loose my no claims and insurance all over again at 22 with no claims bonus with a claim.. so police have helped me out so so much :smile: its looking good, now keep my Gopro recording each time i drive it now !

Ah well that's good the Police have sorted it for you. Nice to hear of something positive coming out of involvement with the Police - too many times you hear of them doing nothing...

And I do agree with you about not getting angry back, it likely wouldn't have ended well as you say.

Totally agree... Not worth getting into a road rage confrontation. Just look what happened to that poor OAP that got stabbed to death the other day. Sad...

I never had it too bad in the 197 but it has gotten so much worse since I got the Megane. Most hot hatch, slammed chavved car, rep mobile seems to want to try it on then sits up my exhaust when I stick to the speed limit. I really haven't got the time of day to entertain that and end up waving them on.

Think I need dash cams asap. I have a feeling someone will end up going into me trying to bait me into showing off who has the biggest theoretical balls.

This happened to me yesterday on the way to work - young lad in a modded Ibiza with a girl in the passenger seat, came charging up behind me on a dual carriageway but didn't pass me at first, just sat right behind, tailgating. He then finally came past, revving his engine so his exhaust popped as he passed alongside, then he sped off...

Anyway, got to work and about half an hour later I was out and about in the van and saw the same car on a grass verge having had a collision with another car - loads of police and an ambulance.

Just goes to show that you should never rise to the bait with this kind of driver as you never know how it might turn out...