Random fan start

Dan

Platinum Member
Hi,

I recently had my belts changed on my 197 and at the same time i had my water pump changed, now recently i've noticed that the fan is kicking in randomly. I could be driving for 10mins and it kicks in, the outside temp isnt warm and I'm not parked behind any other vehicle. The temp gauge isnt reporting anything different than it has ever done, temperature seems to be ok.

I dont believe this was an issue before i had my service. Has anyone ever had similar issues or have an idea to what the issue could possibly be?

Cheers

Sounds normal to me, I would be more worried if it was not coming on.

I have my aircon on all the time so my fans always running.

Cheers, i think you are both correct, i havent really used my climate control for a while as the aircon needed gassing. I had it done the same time of my service and since then i have started using it again. So that would explain it.

Thanks again :smile:

I'm still not convinced about this.

I can drive for 10mins, no aircon on, cold temps outside, not sat behind any traffic, fan will kick in. Luckly i was parked offroad so opened the bonnet and the heat just hit me. It didnt feel normal, however the guage in the car wasnt looking any different to a normal trip.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

I would take the car back to where you got it serviced, if you are that worried then that's the best way forward.