Rac

Right then, whose covered with these? Had a problem with mine on Monday so rang them out... Guy who came was less than helpful and guessed what problem was... I was just happy to get my car running. Anyway problem re occured next day, so rang rac and they where less than helpful! So gave up on that and tried other paths but got nowhere, so got back onto rac and gave them a piece of my mind. So with some persuasion they came to my house for the car. This time the guy was spot on! Told me everything that he was doing, all diagnosics etc loads of tests. Then towed me to the garage I got the car from.
Just shocked at the differnt levels of service from 2 patrols from a national company like RAC. So rant over and my cars getting fixed so I'm happy again... Anyone else had issues with them?
Was also on the phone for 15 mins before I spoke to someone, not to bad as i was at home... Would have been less than impressed if I was on the m4!

i have membership via my tesco clubcard points...

not used them yet (does help being a motor vehicle engineer) so only really there for recovery or something i may not have parts for

must say if that has happend to you - you need to put it in writing to them and complain about your treatment - dont let them get away with it - you could end up with a "freebee" out of it - always worth a "dear unhappy from wales" etc :wink:

Yeah this is the only time I've used them, was especially happy with the second patrol who came as he had to do an inspection and said the car was in a mint condition :smile: lol and explained to the garage I got it from that he usually carries the part for most cars, but not a "200 bhp sports car" :-D I liked Paul haha

What was wrong with it in the end Tom????

Well the 2nd guy plugged in all the diagnostics and no fault code came up, but on the live data it showed my engine running at 190rpm when I only had the ignition on. So he said that's a problem but as it didn't come up as a fault code he couldnt say for sure. But he said he was 90% sure it was the crank sensor or another sensor that both communicate with each other to correct timing etc... Quite annoyingly that's what the first guy said but he guessed it, whereas the second guy did all the proper tests to determine it was a sensor fault.
Cheers

In all lines of work you can get people who are lazy, cut corners and do the bear minimum to get the job done and on the other hand you can get someone decent who is enthusiastic about their job and provide a really good service. Its all luck of the draw in this day and age.