R888's in wet myths!

Did Donington today on a set of R888's.
Day started dry but was broken up by almost monsoon conditions at times.
R888's were unreal, only had a few moments, but doing 100mph+ down craner curves in the damp or wet will have that effect.
Will get some video up when i sort it all out:smiley:

sounds like fun. I only found the 888s bad when you were on crap roads AND wet, I was in a caterham though and it ain't heavy enough to push into the tarmac.

With knockhill being my local track it's wet more often than not and they are very grippy in the wet and easy to temp into fun slides and skitish moments.

I wouldnt ever try to push on them on the road though in the wet because if you hit standing water with them you've had it lol

I hear trackday tires like 888's (and any other "R" rated) may not be around much longer as the Eurocrats were looking to ban their sale for road use by 2012. Wet braking distances were increased and it is a safety isssue. I especially love 888's on trackdays and have brought some spares just in case they stop making them all together. I figure there may be a surge in demand at some point so I thought it best stock up with a few spares just in case....

I hear trackday tires like 888's (and any other "R" rated) may not be around much longer as the Eurocrats were looking to ban their sale for road use by 2012. Wet braking distances were increased and it is a safety isssue. I especially love 888's on trackdays and have brought some spares just in case they stop making them all together. I figure there may be a surge in demand at some point so I thought it best stock up with a few spares just in case....

It's 2009 & your stocking up for 2012?????

Trackdays and the like generate big money. 888's wont be going away.

Similar Thread Suggestions