'R clip' for actuator rod

I've also got this in the Wanted section but if Mod's could please keep it here as I've a better chance of finding one from the FI guys :smile:

My R cilp decided it'd work itself loose and disappear at Knockhill last night so my actuator now has nothing to stop it jumping off/disconnecting itself from the hot side/wastgate end of the turbo.

Anyone have one spare or an old fooked turbo that I can have the clip off ?

Renault only sell it as part of the actuator rod kit at ~£110.00 with loads of other parts i dont need.

Some pics;

IMG_1795_zps035f323e.jpg

IMG_1793_zps122bd53e.jpg

Last edited:
This won't get moved buddy. Think this would be useful for others if they have the same issues in the future, if anyone can point in the right direction of buying the R clip on its own. Could save people money

This won't get moved buddy. Think this would be useful for others if they have the same issues in the future, if anyone can point in the right direction of buying the R clip on its own. Could save people money

Good stuff, 'ryan197' on RSMegane has suggested R Clips from Halfords 'HFX369 is a selection of r clips, £2.09'

I dont know if they'll cope with the heat or not though.

At £2.09 I'll give them a bash if I need to.

Thats the same set up as Saabs fitted with Garret turbos. Some have a small hole in the arm and linkage which you can slip a length.. of locking wire through.
It's not as pretty but won't fall off or become brittle with heat like R clips can.

Just a thought I'll go back to N/A land now :tongueout:inky:

Thats the same set up as Saabs fitted with Garret turbos. Some have a small hole in the arm and linkage which you can slip a length.. of locking wire through.
It's not as pretty but won't fall off or become brittle with heat like R clips can.

Just a thought I'll go back to N/A land now :tongueout:inky:

Yeah I was going to just opt for tying wire, I was after an R clip for its 'pretty' factor tbh :lol:

if your stuck I may have one..

If you could have a look when you get a chance that'd be great !

Bloody thing ruined my track day haha

Similar Thread Suggestions