Pure motorsport precision gear linkage.

c.h 90

Paid Member
I’m looks for more info on this bit of kit.
Seems like a perfect mod for the Clio.
Any owners have an honest opinion about it. How does it compare to CAE or ZPO cable driven systems?
Is the throw length much different.
Any major downsides?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't compare it to the ZPO or CAE as I've never used one unfortunately although have the PMS one fitted in my car.

Pros:
  • Nearly half the price of the alternative shifters
  • Replaces the linkage to rods instead of cable like others
  • Shifter position is much higher (perfect height imo, I wasn't sure at first)
  • Shifts are about 20-30% more accurate
  • Shift throws feel a tad shorter, although I'm sure theyre the same. It's probably the placebo of being able to push it into gear easier as there's more length on the shifter
  • Easier to select gear (dependant on how worn your cables are too I guess).
  • Installation is fairly simple
  • Not much trimming or modification required to fit (pro and con)
  • Can retain the gaiter surround and gaiter if you wish
Cons:
  • More time consuming to fit than others such as the CAE & ZPO
  • Setting up the linkage is also time consuming and you'll probably find yourself adjusting a few times to get it perfect
  • Trimming, you do have to slightly cut your surround and centre console insert to retain them, although there's only a small amount to cut
  • Heatshield does touch the shifter arm underneath at higher revs, you'll need to modify it slightly or warp/bend it to allow room
  • Vibration noise is increased, not as bad as the 1*2 ones but there still is noise mostly from the linkage I assume
  • Currently the tower fouls the center console mounting points to screw in the torx. If this will be ever fixed I don't know. I'd recommend removing the bracket as I can't imagine it doing much anyways
The pros do out weigh the cons and it is only the first release so things may change and improve. I'd definitely recommend it as I'm very happy with mine. Makes the car far more enjoyable to drive as the shifter/gearbox is definitely the weak link of the cars enjoyment at times.

Edit:

There is things probably missing off this. However, I haven't had chance to do a full write up yet as I want to try correct some more things and make some adjustments before I do so!

Again ive not used the others but this is a awsome bit of kit..

And agree with @addonly thing ive found is when shiftin into the botom gears 2-4-6 it does go slightly to the left again this might be to do with set up as it was a pain removing everything battery and stuff but new airbox might be easier to sort now

20200803_190946.jpgIMG_20200805_095855_622.jpg20200803_213141.jpg

Thanks for the info lads. It sounds like it’s definitely worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Addison
Again ive not used the others but this is a awsome bit of kit..

And agree with @addonly thing ive found is when shiftin into the botom gears 2-4-6 it does go slightly to the left again this might be to do with set up as it was a pain removing everything battery and stuff but new airbox might be easier to sort now

View attachment 144572View attachment 144573View attachment 144574
With how low that sits in the car, you can probably make another gator for it and no one would know the difference!

Bit of a random question but does anyone know what the full kit weighs? Even better if you know what it weighs compared to the standard shifter!

I have the original shifter in the garage I can weigh if you want to ask Nick to measure the new kit. You’re talking small differences though, these things weigh kilos not tens of kilos

Reactions: av4625