Problems with CL pads

Anyone else had bother with CL pads? I've just sent my fronts away for replacement due to the material looking like it's starting to come away from the backing plate, the company have posted off new fronts only to find the CL rears have the same issue only this time the whole material surface has come away from the backing plate all together, I'll post photos of both front and rear 6afd6471ec74947112bef1d6f7e5a1d2.jpgf958d01a6fa1473197590f0c02984c71.jpgbe0fc757f87c01df33f45b93c4cd9a26.jpgb1f1001c28c57d3ad7ca839ac464e550.jpg98c5063cc2cddca590bec591dc5ba34c.jpg

Yes, I've had the exact problem with mine! The rears just fell apart halfway through the material!

I can remember you saying lee, how many miles had you covered roughly? What compound?
I had rc6 front and rc5+ rear and both sets were fitted along with new discs and done very little mileage.
Bit disappointing really cause now going to have to shell out on more rear pads to run the car until these are sent away for replacement

That's not very good :/

i wouldnt have confidence to try them again

That's not very good :/

i wouldnt have confidence to try them again

Yeah I'm thinking the same, I've stuck a set of ds ferrodo's in the front as they were fairly new anyway but I'm rearless now lol, need pads today but I don't think euro car parts are open

I bought the car with them fitted, but had been changed fairly recently. I'm guessing they must have done around 5k but had loads of life in them. I'll see if I can find the picture of them as it was stupid!
Once I got them off the car and replaced with some pagid pads to get me out of trouble, I realised that the CL's fitment was absolutely dire! No spring clips or holdings so just rattled about in the caliper!
I had RC5 in the rear too bud! I work for Euros and the only branch open on a Sunday will be the Wembley branch.....not far to go with no rear brakes! Haha

I bought the car with them fitted, but had been changed fairly recently. I'm guessing they must have done around 5k but had loads of life in them. I'll see if I can find the picture of them as it was stupid!
Once I got them off the car and replaced with some pagid pads to get me out of trouble, I realised that the CL's fitment was absolutely dire! No spring clips or holdings so just rattled about in the caliper!
I had RC5 in the rear too bud! I work for Euros and the only branch open on a Sunday will be the Wembley branch.....not far to go with no rear brakes! Haha

Haha, second class post would make it before I did.

Thinking of just going for standard pads on the rear. I had thought ebc pads but some people have had similar issues with them also.

Was it the typical pagid pads they sell at euros that you fitted?

Yeah, just standard pagid pads. Not a problem with them at all! In fact I personally think they are a better pad for the road as they have a good bite from cold and you never get the temps high enough while on the road.

Yeah I suppose the rears aren't doing that much anyway. I'll fire up after work tomorrow, I can use the Mrs wagon, the stupid thing is I ordered anti rattle shims from euro online which will probably come Monday. I got them and new slides thinking that may have been the issue.

Check first then source parts in future

You'd be surprised what halfords stock on the shelf, I had to use them the other week for a quick replacement pad. That's all that was open on a Sunday around here

You'd be surprised what halfords stock on the shelf, I had to use them the other week for a quick replacement pad. That's all that was open on a Sunday around here

I had thought halfords as a temporary fix. I'll have a look today.

Could have really done without all the hassle, both sets I find a bit of a shock

I would definitely be sending CL a direct email to complain.

No pad should be doing that, especially not at £200 a set.

I would definitely be sending CL a direct email to complain.

No pad should be doing that, especially not at £200 a set.

They have been, that's how I dealt with the fronts and they're coming via courier Monday arrival. But over the weekend I heard the rears making a funny pitch, investigated only to find the one of the rear pads have fallen apart too. I think they'll think I'm at the ham now, what's the odds on that ffs!!!

**** luck there mate, but I have to point out the irony here - given it's usually always the CL fanboy's who knock EBC pads for this exact issue.

Carbotech XP8/XP10 are meant to be pretty good - can't personally vouch for them but compared to the CL's the brake dust isn't corrosive which is why I wouldn't fit CL's myself. I managed to get another set of brand new yellowstuff for £55 otherwise I'd be trying out the XP10's.

**** luck there mate, but I have to point out the irony here - given it's usually always the CL fanboy's who knock EBC pads for this exact issue.

Carbotech XP8/XP10 are meant to be pretty good - can't personally vouch for them but compared to the CL's the brake dust isn't corrosive which is why I wouldn't fit CL's myself. I managed to get another set of brand new yellowstuff for £55 otherwise I'd be trying out the XP10's.

Alright rich, hey I only mentioned the ebc thing in relation to the material coming away due to what I'd read, last thing I'd want to do is buy different pads to have the same happen again.
Last night when I discovered the rears have went I was tempted to buy them, just unsure if any sort of performance pad is needed on the rear to be honest.
The ds2500 i have on the front seem to be doing the trick so I doubt I'll even fit the new CL fronts when they arrive,

It's just funny because ebc take a beating for this exact thing and usually it's people recommending cl's.
It just goes to show it can happen to any, you have been unlucky to get it happen to the front and rears though.

Ds2500 should serve you very well unless you're beasting it hard on track. I'd be tempted to sell the cl's , but purely on the fact the dust from them is corrosive. Perhaps I'm paranoid but as I have an aversion to cleaning, best I avoid them :wink:

Rears just stock pads really when you're on ds2500 fronts. If you had say ds11.1 or something harder then you could run an updated rear like ds2500 to maintain balance.

It's just funny because ebc take a beating for this exact thing and usually it's people recommending cl's.
It just goes to show it can happen to any, you have been unlucky to get it happen to the front and rears though.

Ds2500 should serve you very well unless you're beasting it hard on track. I'd be tempted to sell the cl's , but purely on the fact the dust from them is corrosive. Perhaps I'm paranoid but as I have an aversion to cleaning, best I avoid them :wink:

Rears just stock pads really when you're on ds2500 fronts. If you had say ds11.1 or something harder then you could run an updated rear like ds2500 to maintain balance.

I've had major issues with the dust off the CL's, I spent a few weeks ago prepping and machine polishing all the damage out.

I think they're best kept for serious track goers, my poor wee clio has become a bit of a shopping trolly and baby mobile lately lol.

I will be needing some new rotors to go on the bells up front soon, think I'll be sticking Ds2500 to go with them!
No matter how much I've tried to keep my OZ's clean, they have absolutely killed the finish on them.... So I'll be having the wheels refurbished once I've bought my other half a new car.

I have RC5+s in the Meg and though I've not personally had the issue I have heard of other people suffering with it too.

I will be needing some new rotors to go on the bells up front soon, think I'll be sticking Ds2500 to go with them!
No matter how much I've tried to keep my OZ's clean, they have absolutely killed the finish on them.... So I'll be having the wheels refurbished once I've bought my other half a new car.

Ah I feel your pain, not only the wheel refurb, mines need done too but buying the wife a new motor, been away car hunting today, typical bloody woman "oh I'll have that" pointing out every car that's about 10k over budget