Problem with keyless entry

R27#239

Paid Member
I'm having a problem with one of my keycards.
The car wouldn't detect the card unless I held it near the dash or put the card in the slot. Soon after a message told me to change the battery in the card. I did and it worked. Similarly the car doesn't detect the card if I try and open the car with the keyless entry.

But now it has reverted to before, only working if I hold the card near the dash near the receiver or in the slot, but the card still allows me to lock and unlock the car from an expected distance away from the car
my spare key works fine btw.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I had a similar issue and needed a new key as one of the solder joins in the card was broken. I found that if I bent the card slightly it worked perfectly but if I didn't I had to use the buttons and put the card in the dash. A new key is around £150, ththough warranty covered mine luckily.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue and needed a new key as one of the solder joins in the card was broken. I found that if I bent the card slightly it worked perfectly but if I didn't I had to use the buttons and put the card in the dash. A new key is around £15, ththough warranty covered mine luckily.

i assume that's meant to say £150?

You could contact the dealer for info on this.

As Paddy says above its generally an internal fault with the keycard and a replacement is required. Although you could kindly ask the dealer to attempt a recoding of the key and see if that works. We charge £190 for 1 key and £210 for two keys. They are made to the chassis number of your car and take around a week to come from France.

Thanks, I've ordered a replacement casing. So will inspect the key first. If not i will order a blank key and code it myself.

Cheers!