Problem with boot opening!

This has only happened in the last 2 days, but sometimes when I press the start/stop button, both starting and stopping the engine, the boot has released. I can't understand why it would be happening? Has anyone had this happen to them or have any idea what is wrong?

I've had similar happen, it was water in the button.
I dried it out and cleaned the contacts and worked again. The rubber had ripped on mine and it started again as soon as it rained so I ended up getting a new one from Renault, wasn't too expensive.

The weirdest thing happened this evening when I got in the 200, as I shut the drivers door the boot popped open, I can understand air pressure or whatever but for the catch to go too? Thought it was strange.

I have a similar issue very occasionally.
Everyone says check the boot button etc but how do you actually go about it.
Anyone got any pics of the bit you pull out ? Would be super helpful as I don't want to go breaking bits.
Cheers

I have a similar issue very occasionally.
Everyone says check the boot button etc but how do you actually go about it.
Anyone got any pics of the bit you pull out ? Would be super helpful as I don't want to go breaking bits.
Cheers

Get a flat screwdriver with cloth around it, do it on the side boot lock. Remember boot lock back cover might come off, it be fine but just take your time.

Get a flat screwdriver with cloth around it, do it on the side boot lock. Remember boot lock back cover might come off, it be fine but just take your time.

pre_testing_small_zpsa63ed769.gif

Is that the bit you are talking about? The piece on the tailgate?

Cheers

Attachments

• pre_testing_small.jpg
    pre_testing_small.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
That'd the one, check for water in there. If there is some tidy/clean it up then give it a good lashing of WD40 to displace any future water that might get in there.

Jobs a gooden!

I didn't seal it up just dried up what water was in there and used WD40 as it displaces/disperses water quite well. Suppose you could look at sealing it up though with tape and plastic or sealant.

I've just gone out and fixed mine! The boot wouldn't open, took about 30 secs plus of clicking that button to release it. Popped it off with a flat blade screwdriver under a cloth, wasn't wet at all but gave it a clean and it's now working, thanks.