Probable new order in the next 2 days price advice!

Having had a very positive chat with Jamie at Harratts Renault today I have more or less decided to take the plunge on a new 200 cup before the 30/9 offers expire!
With the low rate PCPs it just seems pointless at this stage for me to enter the second hand market. However I would like to just get peoples opinions on a few points.

It was Jamie I was speaking to at Harratts and he said that he thinks it unlikely that they'll continue to offer such competitive rates when this offer runs out 30/9. Hence my rush to order. Do people think it is unlikely such a good offer will be extended?

The figures being quoted to me where (can't remember exact prices on the options):
200 Cup-13,618
Glacier-150
Recaros-950
Aircon-550ish
Black Speedlines-150
Total £15418

Now nice as Jamie was I made it perfectly clear that times are hard-I'm ringing round and whoever offers me the best deal is getting my business, however I'll give him the opportunity to match anything. I get the impression I may blag a set of matts and tank of fuel but thats my lot-no £ off. How does this sound to any one who has ordered? If anyone knows anyone who might be able to improve on this please post or pm me. Same if you have any ideas how I can squeeze that final little sweetener lol!

thanks

Ignoring the base cost, what's the deposit, monthly payment and guaranteed future value?

Lookers have a very similar deal, a few of my mates have just gone through them as it worked out the best all round deal. Speaking to Dan Ward at Macclesfield may give you a good idea for comparison.. no messing about, no games, best price first time and having picked mine up yesterday 100% service beginning to end.

Top marks for that dealer.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^ agree with mike. u should look at APR, deposit, per month cost, and residual value.

That sounds quite good to me, but as Mike has said, check the payments, interest, final fees or whatever maybe involved. I'm not too hot on these PCP deal things tbh! Just double check that after 3 years they've not got you strung up by your balls! Lol!

Oh, and I got the FF for the same deposit and monthly payment as the Cup, due to the GFV being higher on the FF... shaves the cost of aircon off your deal too.

Not sure if they can still swing that now though, worth an ask if it suits you better??

Rich, dont let them rush you into a decision, you need to make sure your making the right one for you and not just meeting their September sales targets!!

Did they explain the deposit needed, monthly payment cost, the GFV, milage cap and the duration of the PCP?

Ignoring the base cost, what's the deposit, monthly payment and guaranteed future value?

Lookers have a very similar deal, a few of my mates have just gone through them as it worked out the best all round deal. Speaking to Dan Ward at Macclesfield may give you a good idea for comparison.. no messing about, no games, best price first time and having picked mine up yesterday 100% service beginning to end.

Top marks for that dealer.

Will speak to them tomo morning
deposit is £999 plus will pay options upfront to keep monthly costs as low as possible as to include the options in the package with just 999 deposit would have been 299pm

999 =1800 = £2800
24x 199 (4.9 APR)
balloon 8477 but I have about 5000 already that i'll stash for that if i decide to keep the car after 2 years

OK, sounds about right then.

I'm in a 200 FF, Cup chassis, GW, speedlines, Recaros & RS monitor (inc upgraded radio/bluetooth) for the same money, as my GFV is much higher than that of your Cup. Climate's standard along with some other features you don't get in a Cup too.

The cost isn't really the bargaining point, as pretty much everyone has the same-ish deal, bending the rules of the deal is the way forward.

Last edited:

I'm in a 200 FF, Cup chassis, GW, speedlines, Recaros & RS monitor (inc upgraded radio/bluetooth) for the same money, as my GFV is much higher than that of your Cup. Climate's standard along with some other features you don't get in a Cup too.

The cost isn't really the bargaining point, as pretty much everyone has the same-ish deal, bending the rules of the deal is the way forward.

Your car is exactly the spec I would ideally go for if affordable (minus the RS monitor (inc readion etc). Would you mind Pming me details of the deal you got-hope this isn't rude...

ok thats sounds like some profound genius but what do you mean? Presumably that you have a better deal except for if you decide you want to keep it fter two years-as more left to pay off?

The deal is pretty much as above, same deposit, same monthly cost. Just speak to Dan.

Profound, I wish!! No, I just explored what could be done with the FF rather than taking the Cup deal everyone's pushing. It isn't advertised, but ask and you shall receive... it's all about the FF having a better GFV to offset its higher list price.

You'd get my car, minus the RS Monitor for less than the £1k/£299 you were quoted for the Cup.

Last edited:
The figures being quoted to me where (can't remember exact prices on the options):
200 Cup-13,618
Glacier-150
Recaros-950
Aircon-550ish
Black Speedlines-150
Total £15418

If it helps you compare, best price I got was £16,813 for

RenaultSport Clio 200 (FF)
Cup chassis (inc. standard 'cup' anthracite wheels)
Glacier White
Fixed cornering lights
Folding door mirrors
RenaultSport Monitor pack (inc. bluetooth)

£1,400 more than your quote, but if you dumped the mirrors, cornering lights and monitor from mine, it'd pretty much cover the cost of Recaro seats, and that's for a full fat rather than a cup so obviously includes full climate and all the other bells and whistles that are associated with the FF.

If it was a cup I was looking at, I'm pretty sure it would come in less than your quote.

Last edited by a moderator: