Priced up the ultimate driving holiday lol

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
You may know/remember I have a love affair with Iceland, always wanted to go there, and now I have done the full research as to how much it will cost to take the 197 there for two weeks.....

The ferry to Iceland sails from Esjberg in Denmark and takes 3 days to get there - it sails via the Faroe Islands - another paradise for people like me who love geology!

I priced it all up, and now I need to get a scam going to pay for it :wink::wink::wink:

You need to get to Esjberg first, it is in Denmark. The ferry from Harwich to Esjberg takes about 20 hours to get there. You could always do the more fun thing and get the Ferry from Dover to Dunkirk, that costs about £32, then drive to Esjberg from there - 631 miles, take about 10 hours probably, 2 tanks of fuel.

The ferry for Iceland leaves in the evening and gets you there in the morning on the third day, after a quick stop in Torshav, Faroe Islands on day 2, you get to Seydisfjordur about 6am on day 3.

14 nights self catering, then all that again in reverse....

The cost? UK to Denmark: £652 return including meals and cabin
Denmark to Iceland, self catering accomodation: €1540

Then there is the cost of fuel!

Bargain!!! Any one want to come???? LOL :skiing::skiing:

if i wanted to go to a place where i couldnt pronouce/understand the names of the places i just go to wales :s

waht about leaving the car at home and hiring one of those supercharged nox injected v8 dragster jeeps :clap:

if i wanted to go to a place where i couldnt pronouce/understand the names of the places i just go to wales :s

waht about leaving the car at home and hiring one of those supercharged nox injected v8 dragster jeeps :clap:

Tee hee....one name I can pronounce that is Welsh is Llanfairpwyllgwngyllgogoerchywrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :wink:

Shame that there are no volcanoes in Wales!!!

come on be honest, where did you cut and paste that from !:-p

LOL, one of the things that we had to do at primary school was learn how to say and spell that one....I have never forgotten how to!!! :zap:

This does sound a bit crazy (see my signature) but if I had enough working holidays I would be up for it! Seems like once in a life time adventure! I could be really tempted! :bounce:

I really wish I could afford to go, I have always wanted to do it!

Would be the drive of a lifetime!

Young (mentally lol), Crazy with not so expensive insurance for me:coffee:

Hehehe, I'm gonna post this up somewhere else on the net and await the "it's a stupid idea because you have a 197 and not a 182" type responses :wink::thumb1::jedi::argue:

Just priced this up again - bargain at £2980 all in LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I will sell the 197 and then I will be able to afford it haha! :uk:

I would love to do something like that and I admire anyone who tries it.