"pressure washer"

hi all

well i'm currently in the market for a pressure washer/jet wash,i've been using my mates for the last god knows how long but he's now bought a porsche so its time to give it back,(his was just an old knackered thing btw)

with christmas coming up i could do without spending a fortune but i also don't want something thats going to last 5 minutes

i've never used a snow lance but they seem to be the flavour of the month so one thats compatible would probably be best,

thanks for any help,

scott

Got karcher k3.575 on promo at moment, £229 can see if can do any better, it's a new model and features the new plug and clean system, it's the jubilee 120 bar edition :smile:

Got karcher k3.575 on promo at moment, £229 can see if can do any better, it's a new model and features the new plug and clean system, it's the jubilee 120 bar edition :smile:

it sound the bee's knees mate,i'm new to these things,can you explain what you mean by the new plug and clean system? guessing 120 bar is more than adequate...

P.S. am i right in saying you sell these and this sort of thing for a living?

I went through several pressure washers in a year and then bought a Karcher 7.5 (110lb iirc) about 3 years ago and its been faultless and i hammer it for use.

Snow foam lance is about £40 for it iirc + foam

110lb will take your skin off.

I went through several pressure washers in a year and then bought a Karcher 7.5 (110lb iirc) about 3 years ago and its been faultless and i hammer it for use.

Snow foam lance is about £40 for it iirc + foam

110lb will take your skin off.

jesus! can you turn them down then or can a car handle them on full chat?

Karcher Also have a website for reconditioned model is worth a Google search good luck

Karcher Also have a website for reconditioned model is worth a Google search good luck

Thats where I got mine from - well happy with the service!

Make sure you go for one with a 6/7m hose - the standard 4m hose is far too short!

jesus! can you turn them down then or can a car handle them on full chat?

Mine is variable by twisting the lance which I presume is the same for the others.

Believe me you don't do it a second time!

I got mine half-price about two years agor from Halfords, Karcher, not sure on model but it should've been £250ish full price.

Great bit of kit, wouldn't go for any other brand as we have a diesel powered Karcher at work and that thing has beenfaultless too.

Jim is bang on about the hose though, it's well worth getting your hands on the longer one, saves you having to move the whole lot about.

Yeah I sell these for a living, the K3.575 is a good model, it comes with the 6m hose and the patio kit which most people will be contemplating this time of year and once you've jet washed a patio without the attachment that this comes with you will realise the difference.

Comes with
Integrated fine mesh water filter.
Adaptor garden hose A3/4in.
High-pressure hose 6 m.
Plug 'n' Clean System.
Vario-power spray lance.
Dirt Blaster.
T-Racer, T 250 Patio Cleaner.
Washing brush.

Should be able to get some free cleaner thrown in, will have a look on new matrix and see if I can put a better deal together with a Snow Foam attachment and will have a look in my "samples" drawer and see if there happens to be anything else that can throw ya in with it :wink:

do also do the Nilfsik Alto range too and they start from around £100 with patio attachment and a 5m hose.

thanks for all your help guys,and thanks for the PM iandy,going to have a bit of a search on the karcher website and see which bit of kit looks best for me...

one question lads,i know snow lances are good but are they really that good,will they remove alot more grime prior to washing over say just using a powerful jet wash which is what i've always used in the past,cheers

scott

Snow foam loosens the dirt, I hate using a pressure washer as to me ya just hitting dirt with more force. I always have a gentle rinse with hosepipe or with the karcher without a end on it, just the handle does a fan spray, then snow foam which really does do a good job

Yeah like Andy says mate, it's not a wonder product that automatically leaves your car spotless but it does help soften the grime and will rinse off a lot of the loose debris and larger chunks of sh!te so that you're not then rubbing them across the bodywork with your washmitt.

Don't you dare go anywhere near that car with a brush!!! :smiley: :ban: :smiley:

I spunk the SnowFoam on whilst the car is dry, give it a few minutes to dwell and then rinse and repeat.

This is the Lance that I use and it's the most popular one, loads of adjustability on it; http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/snow-foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

cool cheers will,tbh if you told me you did use that brush i'd have been surprised!

so the lance is £45,now i just need a basic smallish karcher i think,i don't need or will ever use all the patio cleaners and stuff,its simply for washing my car...

i'm assuming water cooled is alot better than air cooled?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate Detailing 64
darren9 Detailing 7
F Detailing 1
Jamz72 Detailing 17
HarryH321 Detailing 2