Pot Hole Blues

...seems I'm unlucky in the highway with my car....ran through a DEEP pothole...tyre (with only 1000 miles on it) went pop.....had to get the break down services out as the so called tyre weld did nothing.....so now I'm £150 lighter as I'll have to have a call out from Pro-tyre....

Lessons learned are....sort self out with a spaer wheel and tyre....Red Barron has managed to sort out a space saver that will fit....any details Mr Barron so I can look to do the same??

Turns out the man from the break down service is a Renault Sport Fan and is underway with a race project on a Clio 182. Jay....if your reading cheers for all your help and assistance last night. Good look with the build....

Same thing happened to me in March...in the middle of the night ran through a pothole at approx. 110 km/h. I didn´t even see the hole, as it was so dark, no moon. The sharp edge of a pothole pierced the side of a left rear tire and I had to call the Renault service to pick me up. I was lucky at the end, didn´t had to pay for anything, as the car is still under guarantee, so the tow service was for free, and the roads in our country are insured, so I got the money which I payed for a new tire back... :smile:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 41
Turns out the man from the break down service is a Renault Sport Fan and is underway with a race project on a Clio 182. Jay....if your reading cheers for all your help and assistance last night. Good look with the build....

Your welcome mate, good luck with the space saver thing. Deffinatley the way to go instaed of 'dire' weld..... Do Laguna's have 5 stud space savers?

race car build is here http://burpspeed.com/Burpspeed/Race/Race.html