Post De-Badge Outline

Tom

Platinum Member
Hi all,

De-badged my car a few weeks ago and thought it was perfect...

My friend was driving behind me last night and told me you can see the outline of "CLIO" under headlights.

How do I remove this?

I used tar-remover for the general sticky bits... Perhaps I need something more abrasive? (t-cut?)

HELP!

Cheers,
Tom.

Autosmart Tardis is good for that sorta thing. Much stronger than Autoglym or any the other halfords like tar&glue removers.

When i did mine and a friends i used a drop of mer in a bowl of warm water and washed the area lightly. Then very lightly polished the area with mer to remove it. Then washed it after again with the mer water and dried. Seemed to work ok for me.

I used T-cut with very light rubbing in circular motion over a larger area than just where 'Clio' badge was and this did the trick perfectly, if metallic with topcoat then something like megguires paint restorer (lighter version of T-cut)

I had this on my Ignis when I debadged it, and could never fully get rid of it.

It was due to the adhesives from the badge having reacted with the lacquer/paint...I tried polishing it out, T-Cut then various finer grades but it was always slightly visible.

That's dissapointing. Hope mine hasn't done that, Mark... :|

I'll give the above methods a go and let you all know the outcome! :smile:

How old is your car? The paint fades around the badge, but obviously not behind it. If this is the case there isn't really anything you can do about it.

Right'o... Saw that Mer Polish in Halfords. Post-work trip and I'll give it a bash at the weekend!

If it doesn't - it doesn't... Not much I can do now.

Thanks for all the help guys.

(this forum needs a karma system...)

What colour is you car Cup?

I used Sonus SFX2 and SFX3 with a quick wipe over of PB Blackhole and that did the trick on mine.

T-cut - nothing.
Car polish - nothing.

It's certainly darker blue and not glue residue... Looks like only time will cure this one. :worried:

Thanks for the help all.