Possible damage

Car took a hard hit last night, was joining the motorway and someone blocked the traffic from joining meaning i had to swerve around them, ended up going over a raised concrete section pretty hard.

Front tyres are a week or so old and drivers one now as a egg sized bulge so is going to need replacing. Not yet had a chance to look but im hoping the alloy isn't cracked/dented and the other 3 are also ok. As the clio has stiff suspension is it likely this could also have taken some damage? Not sure if anything else such a brakes / tracking could have been effected?

Guess the best thing to do it have a garage get it up on a ramp and look it all over

Last edited:
new tyres as you don't know whats weak now and get it on a ramp... also obviously get the wheels checked when new tyres going on?

that said I've seen boys take speed bumps at ridiculous speeds in 197's (never me I must add!) and never had a problem.. so much so that they've taken off and smacked the black stuff pritty hard..

its only one with a bulge visible on the outside but i guess its possible others could have the same but on the inside and so not visible. Will have to try get it looked at sometime this week and have all the alloys looked at. Hopefully suspension is all ok.

If costs do add up i think ill be taking some pictures of potholes and be sending them to the government, just claim it as pothole damage