Porsche Carrera GT

Yiannis197

Paid Member
I popped at my sisters place this afternoon to spend the bank holiday with the family and to my surprise there has been a lovely I might say addition to the building's already "exotic" car park....
null_zps5189a99f.jpg
null_zpsbd11f7a3.jpg
null_zpsb0f7e8cc.jpg
null_zps0647984c.jpg

What can I say about this car really.....its magnificence is of extreme proportions...
It belongs to a (ex) Yogoslavian (cough mafia cough), his previous daily car was a ford GT lol!

But seriously...£350k supercar literally squeezed in between others? I wouldn't even park my Clio there thats for sure lol!

£350K?

sure the porker place in malton had a couple at £115K, might be wrong like.

Their ongoing price is at the region of £300k as far as I'm aware mate, subject to age mileage usual stuff. I'm sure there is one at pistonheads going for £345k.
But who cares about the price really, that sound....best "road" engine sound by far for me.
The guy also owns a 599 gto but tbh I haven't turned to look it twice, but this one...oh boy oh boy...

Their ongoing price is at the region of £300k as far as I'm aware mate, subject to age mileage usual stuff. I'm sure there is one at pistonheads going for £345k.
But who cares about the price really, that sound....best "road" engine sound by far for me.
The guy also owns a 599 gto but tbh I haven't turned to look it twice, but this one...oh boy oh boy...

that v10 is actually an ex-le mans race engine detuned for the road in effect thats why it sounds so great!

did you hear about the journalist on road test that wrong slotted the gearbox and blew one up :mellow:

may have been £315 then.

they had sold them both so someone clearly has some cash.

that v10 is actually an ex-le mans race engine detuned for the road in effect thats why it sounds so great!

did you hear about the journalist on road test that wrong slotted the gearbox and blew one up :mellow:

Indeed, and I think it was built for formula one before that (not sure about that though, I'm sure I read it somewhere). I didn't hear about the dodgy gear change though!!! Expensive mistake to make!!

Just seen a cheap one on auto trader for £245k

Bargain!!

I remember a video with a German journalist driving one of those on some mountain roads...mind bending experience that must have been!

F40 is a legend no question about that. But the GT is a relatively new supercar (and has nothing to do with the rest of Porsche products which is good). Exotic materials everywhere, awesome engineering, crazy power, IMO the best engine in a supercar, manual and last but not least...brutal. The car is brutal, exactly as a supercar should be. So brutal that it scares the hell out of the driver, unless of course you are Hamilton's father and you think you can exploit its limits and...end up in a ditch!! lol

Now this is sexy and the guy has balls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjNurU0i3j0