Please help!

I recently bought a clio 197 I've only had it 6 months I started to have problems with the handling of the car when you give it a bit of a boot nothing fast just maybe 40mph Sometimes the car will slide all over the place. I recently took the car to demon tweeks thinking that the tyres where rubbish so I had them changed and had continental sport contact 5 put on I also had 4 wheel alignment done thinking this was the problem but no it is no better. The car I think has been lowered but it was done by the previous owner so I don't no what springs are are the car don't know if this will affect it. Can someone please help. Thanks

I recently bought a clio 197 I've only had it 6 months I started to have problems with the handling of the car when you give it a bit of a boot nothing fast just maybe 40mph Sometimes the car will slide all over the place. I recently took the car to demon tweeks thinking that the tyres where rubbish so I had them changed and had continental sport contact 5 put on I also had 4 wheel alignment done thinking this was the problem but no it is no better. The car I think has been lowered but it was done by the previous owner so I don't no what springs are are the car don't know if this will affect it. Can someone please help. Thanks

Was the tracking out ? I would get it in to a decent garage mate, get the full suspension/ steering components checked out. Was the old tyres wearing unevenly ? .

The fella said the the tracking was hardly out the tyres was wearing evenly and before they done the tracking they checked all the suspension to make sure it was all ok. Any other ideas and thanks.

Id findout what springs they were. If they were cheap then they are not going to last or be as good as something like eibach or even the oem ones.

Hubs and lower arms can cause it to wonder too.

Perhaps take the wheel off and take some photos of you suspension and post them up.

If the previous owner had the springs cut or heated & compressed, it could cause those symptoms. You may not be able to see the problem with the naked eye, but you can measure your arch-wheel gap on all 4 corners. Should give you an indication of "short cuts" taken by the previous owner

My suspension is standard and my clio drifts about to At 20mph, 40, even 70 but completely random.. Specially If I over take some one she'll keep sliding to the right and it's a fight to keep hold of her.
I've changed rear shocks rear springs and even axle no joy still does it. Tyres are new. now facing if to change front shocks n springs but reluctant in case it's the steering set up.
I'll let u now how I get on sounds like we got same problem