Pirelli P Zero Nero

Any opinion on these Pirellis. My 2nd 197 has these on in good condition, only had experience with Dunlop Sport Maxx TT and the Contis.

The Dunlops were top in dry and good in wet. Contis were a bit worse in dry but good in wet as well. The Pirellis i have now are as good as the Dunlops in the dry, not better, but they seem to really suck in the rain.

First rain with this car, tarmac was kinda greasy, rain was fresh and it hadn't rained in quite some time so conditions were tricky. But i never experienced this behavior before with radial tires. I could feel even in slow speeds the front end not gripping properly, ''dancing a bit''.

What is your experience with this tire, i want to figure out if it has to do with the condition of the road or the tire itself is indeed bad in wet.

Last edited:
I've had these on the front of my 197 for about 15 months now, they're finally down to 2 mm after at a guess 12,000 miles. They're okay, wet grip was good over last winter. I went to the Malton meet last autumn and it was pretty rubbish conditions and the grip was excellent when pushing on. However, over the past few months they have got a lot noisier, a lot less grippy in poor conditions and it's been clear that they need replacing since they were on 3.5 mm. Wet roundabouts are an uncertainty, put it that way!

My other half has Eagle F1s on her Z4 2.5, and they've been excellent all rounders, so I'm going to pick those up next. I can't justify the expense of Pilot Sports, or even Conti SC5s again given I got through a pair of those in about 6,000 miles (!)

No complaints about them from me, great wear life. They aren't exactly top of the list of handling but certainly aren't the worst. I got about 14,000 miles off mine.

Had them on a Focus ST a few years ago, was glad to get them off in the end. Replaced them with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050a which was better in all situations bar road noise but I though that was worth the trade off.

I have 2 on the Meg the previous owner put on.

In short they a are crap all round. I wish they'd wear out but they seem to be hanging in there......

The p zero nero is an ok all rounder, but as other said not the top in handling wise and I think yes they do suck a bit in rain, so don't push it too hard if it's a bit wet.

These are standard fit on the wife's Abarth 500 (non SS wheels) and I hated them, like others have said the wet grip is terrible. The 500 doesn't help matters though as it has quite an aggressive torque spike low down the revs.

Id look at getting them changed over to be honest.

What budget would you have to change them ?

Thanks for the feedback guys, at least it's not just in my mind :tongueout:

I have 2 on the Meg the previous owner put on.

In short they a are crap all round. I wish they'd wear out but they seem to be hanging in there......

I'm on the same boat. Previous owner had them for some time but i can't justify changing them now because they have a lot of life left.

@mark_1873 : To be honest, since i don't have any track day plans in the near future, i don't mind using them for another 3 months, only reason i would expedite changing them is the bad wet performance but it's not gonna start raining here anytime soon.
My plan is to pick up a set of turinis with semis for track days and find a decent all-around tire for DD use (Goodyear F1s are an old favorite).

Last edited: