PayPal

Just recently I was preparing to make a purchase from a well known company (not from eBay) and I had to pay using PayPal.

Is this right? instead of them sending me a payment request from PayPal, they wanted it sent as a gift and on top of that they'll charge me an additional 4% to my existing amount as a "PayPal charge" which by the way was not mentioned in my invoice.

They're trying to cheat me? as far as i know

1. Gift payments are not covered by PayPal payment protection.

2. In order for me to get PayPal's coverage, the seller needs to send a payment request from PayPal.

3.The seller pays for the fees not the buyer.

What a shame from such a big company to do this driven by greed, I don't want to name and shame them well not yet at least.

When I order from K-tec Racing for example, they never asked me to pay they're PayPal fee and always sent a payment request.

What are your opinions on this? any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited:
Err that is 100% not allowed

first - sent as gift means they pay no fees
second - charging you 4% for what? THey havent been charged
third - you arent covered for anything if you pay via gift - you may as well hand a stranger £50 in the street.

I would tell them to get stuffed!

name and shame!

sending it as a gift they charge you to do that don't they?

who on earth are you buying from?

I sent them an angry email with PayPals response and forwarded to whoever works there so I could cause a stir in their office.

Name and shame!! Haha I could use this thread as leverage if things don't go my way with them. Hopefully get a discount so I'll wait for their reply.

UPDATED: PayPal - Companies name revealed!

This is what they had to say

"Thank you for the reply, I had to apologize to you as that is part of our policy. As mentioned in my previous reply, you're always welcome to use bank transfer as your alternative payment option. Still, there is a charges as well in which the bank will charge you when you're making the payment."

Amazing way to treat a potential customer, time to name and shame them! This company is Ultra Racing.I've been directly contacting theyre main company in Malaysia which costs less than buying elseware. Greedy and corrupt is what they are! No wonder 519automotive don't stock up on UR since a new distributor increased the price by 50%
I'll try with PayPal if they can do any action against them. I'm so mad at them I can't sleep!

Last edited:
The bank won't charge you for making a bank transfer either.

What the hell are they going on about?

Similar Thread Suggestions