Parrot Classic...

Numbnut

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I really like the understated look of the Parrot Classic. The additional USB's and quality of in car mic make it a very attractive headunit.
Does anyone run one? A CANBUS adapter and/or the other stuff you need to keep the stalk controls doesn't really seem to present itself for the MK3 Clio and Parrot Classic.
Their site says the MultiCan suits a variety of vehicles but that's hardly confirmation. I've registered on the Parrot forum and posted the same question and I've emailed Parrot support. A week has gone by with no response.

Does anyone run one? I'm thinking it's prob a no go so that leads me to other headunits. The Alpine iDA-x305 looks ok, the one in Yianni's car.

Idea's and recommendations are very much welcome :smile:
So my preference is something with a close to OEM look, not a fan of bright lights on them but it seems unavoidable.
Rear USB + good bluetooth hands free calling functionality. I define good as a stable connection and voice that can be heard clearly at both ends of the call.

I run the Parrot MKi9100 which has a small blue on black OLED screen that's quite subtle if mounted correctly. Sound quality is great on both calls and music (it comes with an iPhone connection, a USB. Connection and a 3mm jack connection) . The connection is always good and it was easy to install. Can't fault it really.

So you run that + headunit + phone? Do you navigate music with your phone? Music navigation pretty much has to be done with a phone, it's better than what single dins provide.

You can control music from iPhone via the lead or your phone via bluetooth (well my HTC anyway) using the controller that comes with the Parrot kit so once connected you don't touch the phone at all.

I've never had an issue with it. It runs it's own small amp so the sound quality is good (better than the standard stuff). I don't like the look of aftermarket head units which was my main reason for going for this but I really can't fault it at all. I know there are a few on here that run either the MKi9100 or the MKi9100 (same kit bar the screen) and I've not heard a complaint from anybody.

Last edited: