Painting rear calipers

Thinking about spraying the rear calipers silver to match the front ones. Would appreciate your opinions as I'd have to colour match to the front as I don't want to touch them, and the rear calipers are so ugly do I really want to draw attention to them? Seems a pretty easy job but should I bother?

Nothing wrong with painting the rears silver as long as they match the fronts.

If you are going to paint the rears, you need to strip them back to bare metal otherwise any imperfections, rust or other issues with the current coating will eventually come through and ruin your new silver finish. The middle parts of the rears (the bit with the piston in) is made of aluminium, so you could strip it back and just coat it was some high temperature clear lacquer. The outer part that includes the mounting braket that the pads sit in however is steel so even cleaned up the metal isn't quite so attractive, so lacquering it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. That said, I quite like the idea of silver calipers as I think the usual red is a bit loud.

Thank you for your replies. Does anyone know of a suitable paint that would colour match the standard silver fronts?

I believe the front calipers are anodised(?) so I would be surprised if there is anything off the shelf that would be an exact match. I'd repaint all four to ensure that the colour match is the best.

If the front calipers are silver and they're made of aluminium which is also silver, why would they anodise them? I've not actually seen a Clio with stock silver calipers, so I'd be interested to know what they look like.

EDIT: Are we talking about these?
U476s2D.png