Painting Gordini Wheels?

Hi All,

Mrs has been using the Clio over the last few weeks, being a typical women she's utterly munted one of the wheels into a kerb and left a 180 degree scratch :weary:

I'm not really sold on the gordini wheels and am thinking of getting them refurbed into the gunmetal that the 197 F1 came with.

Is it possible? Is it a case of sanding everything over then primer+paint+satin clear coat?

I know a little about wheel refurbs but as these are this diamond cut effect I'm not 100%

Thanks

Alex

I can't see why you couldn't have them refrubed anthracite, whether it would suit the 'diamond cut' edges or they could change that I'm not sure.

I think the Gordinis are the best looking wheels you can have on a 197 so would keep em, anthracite looks a bit too agressive for my taste and had them refurbed standard silver.

Yes, of course it is possible, I reckon on 2-3hrs a rim plus 1 500ml can of primer per rim to get them ready to receive paint then a few hrs to lay them up with paint and let them dry and then just an hr or two for coats of lacquer