Painting Diffuser..

Right then guys, as im currently trying to find a knocking noise on my car, ive just taken off the rear diffuser, which was, to my surprise, really easy!

Now while its off im debating making the most of the situation and getting it sprayed black, what are peoples thoughts?

You can find my car here... http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10684

I love the look of a gloss black diffuser but wondering if it will go with my anthracite wheels and the grey/black sideskirts.

If i can get a pic can anyone photoshop it?

personally if you have anthracite, id maybe stear clear of the black diffuser, if anything match it with the wheels, or why not go with the same color as the car?

I agree with Kiel TBH. Anthracite will go with the side skirts better than gloss black, however either way you could do them all the same colour to match i.e. whip the skirts off and do them anthracite too...

I did my diffuser in anthracite a few weeks ago and everyone who has seen it loved it. Pretty easy job and TBH the hardest part was taking the diffuser off! Haha :smiley:

Thread here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11367

or i could get black wheels, i like the black and rb theme but i like the oem look of anthracite wheels. decisions decisions

Keil- im not keen on matching it with the car, i like how it stands out and dont think it will much being the same colour. cheers tho :smile:

or i could get black wheels, i like the black and rb theme but i like the oem look of anthracite wheels. decisions decisions

Keil- im not keen on matching it with the car, i like how it stands out and dont think it will much being the same colour. cheers tho :smile:

Yeah that is the other option - however I CBA typing it lol and £200ish for a re-spray might not have been an option... 8)

yea ive just got my wheels too lol. i just like the look of the gloss black diffuser so much, maybe if i just get people of look at the side or the back? not both together to avoid the clash in colours lol!

im currently awaiting a nice weekend to do mine black, but thats only due to carrying out the red/black theme. I think anthracite would look sweet J tbh

A heads up on the possible noise you might be having a problem with.......

Mine went into Renault and had the diffuser took off to locate a wallowy knocking noise which turned out to be the back box hitting on something when going over bumps in the road slowly. Been fine ever since so might be something to check out!

haha yeah I have this also at the minute dan, bloody annoying! thought it was the suspension at first!

Dan ive got the same noise! Similar to a droplink? Hollow sounding knock.

any ideas how they fixed it? Kings lynn found nothing