OZ Ultraleggera

Just a question - everybody so keen on ~2.5 kg less unsprung weight because of the ride or acceleration? For better acceleration the mass must be lower on the outer side of the rim and that's a bit of a problem to make.

First thing - handling, then acceleration. And, yes, you're right again m8 - the more you take off from the outer section of the rim the better - THAT'S HOW THE SCENE WITH THE STIPES on the rims started. Really.

alleggerita are unwatchable..

them looks 14":thumbdown::thumbdown:

raduno%2027%20sett%202009%20%282%29.jpg

if you want the same same size wheel as standard it 7.5x17, save even more weight

Lol the one with Alleggerita looks like shopping trolley wheels have been fitted on it :biggrin:

Are the Ultraleggera available in a different offset to the standard wheels?
Meaning i dont have to use spacers and have the same effect?

Ultraleggera 8jx17 are ET55 offset, stock wheels are ET68, take it as this:

Ultraleggera 8jx17 ET55 = Stock 7.5jx17 ET68 + 13mm spacers

yes, they will add 19mm

Is that at each side or will is this 8.5mm each side?

Any suggestions as to where I could get a good deal for these?

I’m assuming I will need to go into the shop and ask for "4 x OZ Ultraleggera's in black to fit a Clio 197 with this spec 8x17 with ET55 offset?"

May seem like a simple question to some of you but always something I’ve never understood these wheel sizes and offsets.
So to summarise the OZ wheels will be slightly wider but I’m right in saying they will still fit standard tyres??

And it isn’t just the extra width in the wheel that will help fill the arches as it benefits from a different offset??

offset is how far the mounting face of the wheel is from the centre of the wheel. is et55 means there is 5.5cms between the centre line of the wheel, and the hub of the wheel.

a wider wheel could actually stick out less than a normal wheel if the offset was much different.

stock wheel is et68. oz is et55. this means this oz wheel sticks out an extra 13mm. this assumes both wheels are the same width. add on an extra half inch to the width (this would be 1/4 inch either side) means the wheel sticks out 13mm + 1/4inch.

This gives you 19mm per wheel. So your track is increase 38mm overall. quite a difference. Worth noting the further you get towards "square" ie the closer the difference between wheels left to right and front to back the more twitchy it becomes on the limit, but again, thats on the limit, and a limit that will be further than normal chassis setup. hope that makes sense.

check here for more on offset:

http://www.rimstyle.com/info/alloys-explained.html