oil leak

I had the car serviced 2 weeks ago there is oil just dripping very small amount when parked on a incline but if you park on the level nothing.

I have checked sump, oil drain plug and oil filter ,could it be possibly the gearbox oil or something else.

please can anybody help please

yeah possibly gearbox oil have you checked the seals on ure driveshafts?

slave cylinder

the oil is gearbox oil, the seal behind the slave cylinder is leaking plus they say they must fit a new slave cylinder and also there is a weep of oil on the gearbox so it is getting pressure tested saturday and all being well put together on monday , this car has been a right pain in the arse I have only had it just over a year but I still love to hate it.

Rich

Last edited:
hair line crack in gearbox

still leaking oil they have found a hair line crack in gearbox casing and tried welding it, has anybody got idea of price of a new gearbox to fit 07 reg or the part number please help somebody thanks.

Richard

oh dear, i would say try and find a gearbox casing from a scap yard and swap the gears over. a full gearbox would be a find and a half. brand new ure looking at just short of 800 at a guess.

a fellow glossoper? where abouts?

been a few boxes on ebay for sale - some good prices to be honest - was tempted to buy one just in case !

if the casing has cracked could mean something internally has gone wrong....

re gearbox

from the Heath estate near howard park, Renault say about £1500 ,I have seen a couple on ebay between 400-600 quid one with 3 m warranty the other with 6m warranty, this car is doing my nut in. car is in stockport.

is that including fitting from renault?

heath estate off glossop road?

No £700 labour, I have got 1 year extra warranty, but so many ifs and buts I havent even got a courtesy car yet as they say they have none , car has been in for almost 2 weeks now.Renault says it has to be a mechanical failure for warranty,

I think I will be speaking to customer services very soon

ahhhhhhhh reanult stockport are duckers mate. bought my car from there and after a 3 month argument they agreed a new gearbox (mine was clunking like a 15 year old car) they tried to blame me saying it was excessive clutch wear. ended up them fitting the box warrenty and me replacing the clutch.

I bought mine from chester last august part ex fiesta st never had a problem with, I only had a clutch fitted back in march with a new slave cylinder I think they are just dragging there feet, they didnt keep me in the picture about welding the box, my old man says get rid once it gets fixed, but if I have to pay out for the work I want to get my moneys worth.

gearbox now fixed and refitted drove car home this afternoon, dont know what they have done to exhaust looks out of line at the back its milltek cat back, parked up checking in morning for any signs of leaks, car felt rapid after driving 1148cc courtesy car.