Oh dear! Damn icy roads!!

On my way to work today (against my better judgement) and I hit some really nasty ice on a left-hander and ploughed straight on into a snow bank on the other side of the road....:@! Thank God I was only doing 15-20 mph!!!

Luckily a very kind Land Rover driver pulled me back onto the road :smile:thumbup1:smile: as I was wedged tight into 2' of snow....but the drivers side front wheel took a bit of a battering when it hit a low kerb which was in the snow somewhere...

I've got to sort out either a wheel replacement or a refurbishment...this will drive me mad!!!!

Is it worth me getting the suspension checked over do you think? Just to be sure? Car seems to drive OK...:thumbup1:

On my way to work today (against my better judgement) and I hit some really nasty ice on a left-hander and ploughed straight on into a snow bank on the other side of the road....:@! Thank God I was only doing 15-20 mph!!!

Luckily a very kind Land Rover driver pulled me back onto the road :smile:thumbup1:smile: as I was wedged tight into 2' of snow....but the drivers side front wheel took a bit of a battering when it hit a low kerb which was in the snow somewhere...

I've got to sort out either a wheel replacement or a refurbishment...this will drive me mad!!!!

Is it worth me getting the suspension checked over do you think? Just to be sure? Car seems to drive OK...:thumbup1:
i would get it checked fella just to make sure at least get your traking checked,

Yeah I would def get it checked over. If something has cracked then the last thing you want is it breaking while you are on the motorway or summat - I know its a cliche but, better to be safe than sorry mate!

Yep, without a doubt, for the sake of a tenner to get it aligned, you may well save wrecking other stuff in future.

Had the car checked over and - as far as they can tell - it is OK apart from the scuffed alloy. The wheel alignment was a little out but no more than they'd expect from any car on the road.... I'll mention it in 3 weeks when the car is serviced and get it checked a little more carefully.

At last we are seeing a slow thaw here in Berkshire but more of the white stuff is forecast for tomorrow!!

When the misses ditched the clio last year at 40mph there was only cosmetic damage and a puncture. Everything else was fine, strong little motors lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ed Hall Clio 197 Area 6
N General Chat 4
sevenfourate Clio General Chat 12
Giles eBay Finds 7
Giles eBay Finds 2