Off to Oulton tomorrow..

Car's on its track wheels, all packed up and I even treated it to a wash so it looks pretty for the photographers.

What does it do? Go and chuffin' rain on it!!

Friend of mine has loaned me a Racelogic P-Box and camera, so I'll take some footage and hopefully if I've got it right, it'll overlay the track and car speed/G etc data.

Post day report will be done.

Oulton is free to get into and it's looking like a nice day, so if you're about and haven't seen what goes on, pop along and say hi! There's about 12 cars form my mates, I'm sure you won't miss us.

Have a great day Mike, I would have popped along if I had the car, maybe next time :smile:

Was a great day at Oulton today, great weather - couldn't have asked for better!

I saw you/your car a few times today Mike (I think?) reg begins MK60 ???

Man I'm goosed!! Report tomorrow, but a brief snack for you: the is car is hilarious on home turf and ruined some big hitters. It ain't fast in a straight line, which is no surprise but suddenly jumping into people's mirrors having carried so much speed through bends makes up for it.

Daz, yes MK60. I missed you as I was either out in mine or someone else's. Sorry!

Yeah we always seemed to be passing in our cars Mike, not to worry. Least I clocked the correct car :wink:

Vids I failed on, my camera mount type was a no-no, but there's some footage of my mate chasing me I'll post up.

Also, I had a P-box strapped to the back window, so I couldn't see it on track and I've got a little bit of data off it. Seems it didn't really like its location and I've only got the odd lap here and there.

I've no idea how to use the software or anaylise the data really, for some reason there isn't the full circuit in the database either for an overlay. I'll work on it though.

2:13 lap. Mid afternoon and a passenger onboard, you can see I was held up a little in the last 2 corners. Not too shabby for the car??

Oulton.jpg

So if I am reading that right you are getting nearly 1.5G in some of the corners!? Thats pretty impressive!

Shame about the bits that didn't work properly! At least you had fun though! :thumbup:

How come you put the Performance Box on the rear window? I'd imagine that the angle would have been the issue mentioned re: satellite acquisition. Should work on the front (and you get to see your laptimes in realtime :smile:).

If you do manage to sync the p'box with a video I'd be interested to see how it turns out.

You're not allowed to time on UK track days, so having the P-Box anywhere you can see it realtime would be considered breaking the rules.

It's kind of accepted you can have it somewhere you can't see it and gather data for afterwards though. I need to play with positions to see if I can get a better signal.

Ah, fair enough. A GPS antenna will do the trick - I got one of these as the supersprints I do sometimes won't let you use the suction cups on the windscreen for safety reasons.

Cool, I'll snag one!

Hopefully I'll get to borrow it long enough for Donnington later this month, so with a new camera mount we'll be rocking!