octavia vrs tonight...

Tonight I had a wee duel with a 2008 vrs and it was a good bit quicker than the 200, had a look at the figures and it is slower 0-60 than myn but was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with one, I'm thinking maybe now that it was mapped as top end it was pushing me down the road and passed! It is 200 bhp standard and a lot heavyer but would turbo torque make it quicker on the straight?

Oh ofcourse klinck! Haha your not too far from me am in inverness, I was just suprised by the pace of it as its so much heavyer

Don't forget the Clio isn't 200 hp. The VAG engines are quite strong tbh.

Yeh this is true, I have a decat full system exhaust and an itg panel fitted, but the octavia after my better take of soon reeled me in, maybe the octavia was mapped aswell

It could well have been. My dad had a TT with the 2.0 TFSI engine and it was very quick. Felt much quicker than the Clio and there is only something like 0.3 of a second between them on paper.

Believe me it was getting its neck ringed mate haha yip clio round a circuit or twisty roads will eat it was just a suprise with all its weight its carrying, think a lot of people chase bhp figures on here rather than torques

I can safely say Vrs (fabia and especially the octavia) are mean little machines with remaps.
A remapped octavia should really be up against a megane 250/265 as that's really it's competition. Skoda aimed the fabia to be a competitor to the Clio.
you don't see them alot either as they are rather subtle and quite difficult to tell from a standard at a glance.

Skoda are very sneaking upping their game in the hot hatch catogory.

Agree with tiababy, a stage 1 remap (around £400) gives a reliable 270bhp on those engines. My colleagues has one and it is impressively quick. Still returns good mpg as well!

I can safely say Vrs (fabia and especially the octavia) are mean little machines with remaps.
A remapped octavia should really be up against a megane 250/265 as that's really it's competition. Skoda aimed the fabia to be a competitor to the Clio.
you don't see them alot either as they are rather subtle and quite difficult to tell from a standard at a glance.

Skoda are very sneaking upping their game in the hot hatch catogory.

This is also why the Police use them a lot (unmarked)

Double check who's driving it before you give it some :thumbup:

Haha, glad I read this... Was tempted to have a go with one today. But traffic got but busy so ended up following him at 5mph for ages. Took long enough to explain to the mrs how a skoda ended up with a VW engine.... Nightmare!! Lol

Similar Thread Suggestions