not sure how to explain Clutch problem

hi all,

as it says in the title im not quite sure how to explain this but ill give it a try,

every now and again (more frequently latelty) my clutch pedal feels, well the only way I can explain, 'loose'. by this I mean hardly any pressure and a really low biting point, but when this happens I pump the clutch a bit and it is fine again.

now obviously this is starting to worry me, does anyone know what this is? is it common?

thanks in advance

As far as I'm aware the clutch fluid is shared with the brake fluid, so check that is at the correct level. The clutch slave cylinder might need bleeding or the entire system flushed through with fresh fluid if it's due

just checked it and it seems fine, how much cost am I looking at roughly for the bleeding or flushing through to be done. im due the 90k service in a few thousand miles so shall I just ask them to do that when I have the service done aswel?

I've had this. Get the clutch bled first. If that still does not work it is time for a new slave cylinder and is what I needed after it exploded.

I would get it looked at before your service

Last edited:
Let's stay on the positive side of things before jumping down the expensive route lol.

If it's working when it's pumped then it just sounds like there's air in the system somewhere. Just get it all bled. Brakes and clutch then it's a whole job tackled.

Any tyre/exhaust/brake place should be fine, but i think you'll struggle to get them to bleed the clutch. It's actually a really easy job with no tools really required. I'll see if I can dig out the thread as there is deffo one on here somewhere.