Non xenon adjuster motor died?

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hello again,

More questions.....

Ive just noticed that the (as you look at the car) right hand side headlight aims towards the floor and doesnt sit inline with the other headlight also when I move the adjuster to the right of the steering wheel the left hand light moves up and down but the right hand one does nothing.

Any ideas on this? Common problem maybe or an easy/hard fix?

Thanks for any help in advance.

James

The motor could have somehow come loose from the headlamp reflector. The motors sort of clip in to the reflector.

But, this is unlikely and I'd guess its more likely the motor has failed

I think you'd struggle to be honest. Access to the rear of the headlights is just too tight.

It's easy to take the bumper off though as long as you have basic tool (including torx bits). Once you know how it's a 10 min job to whip the bumper off

Thanks for the replies. If the motor had died would it make I noise when adjusting the headlights up and down?

Just wondering whether there are any clues I could look out for.

Thanks again

James

I think you'd struggle to be honest. Access to the rear of the headlights is just too tight.

It's easy to take the bumper off though as long as you have basic tool (including torx bits). Once you know how it's a 10 min job to whip the bumper off

I'm not sure, I think a couple of people have had levelling problems with the xenon headlamps but never heard of a motor failing on the non-xenon units.

One thing you could do, just to make sure the motor is still attached to the reflector is to remove the rubber cap behind the bulb and just wiggle the reflector. If it moves significantly then the motor isn't attached. But, like I say I've never heard of this happening. Also just check that all the plugs are firmly attached to the headlamp (I think the motor has its own electrical connection

I will have to try then and see if anything has come loose. The previous owner did put aftermarket HIDs in which I do really like but maybe these are the problem?

Also the lights just weren't installed correctly once the new bulbs were fitted.

James