Newbie from South Wales

Saying Hello, looking forward to support and mainly advise about keeping my 58 plate 197 on the road, she's a gem to drive, clear of all the usual issues, synchro is excellent, lowish miles at 80k with full service history. But!! Exhaust manifold is the only issue, but I knew when I purchased the car, was only fluffing, now has gone completely in 2 days.
Is it worth having the flexies replaced or renew with a Toyo Manifold, what is your opinion?

joehodges154

Gold Member
Welcome mate, enjoy the car.

My manifold was blowing so I opted for the toyo and powerflex mounts to avoid it cracking/flexis blowing again. £180 for manifold, £50 for upper torque mount and lower engine mount and £300 labour, job done.

Thanks for the welcome guys, still deciding which option to take! I know a good welder, so thinking of new flexies, ordered new lower poly bush mounting bushes already! Do I need any others?

burrellbloke

Paid Member
You could do the upper torque mount, lower torque, gear box and upper engine mount - that would cover the engine bay bushes. It creates a bit of vibration whilst the bushes settle in but can give you a more "connected" feel when driving.

That sounds simple enough, but i don't want a track focussed Clio, more of a quick nimble shopping cart for the other half! Will the lower mounting suffice to prevent any further flexi issues, or do I need to look at top mountings as well? looking for advise here! For the seat of the pants driving, I have an SLK55 for that!

Sean197

RIP Albi :(
That sounds simple enough, but i don't want a track focussed Clio, more of a quick nimble shopping cart for the other half! Will the lower mounting suffice to prevent any further flexi issues, or do I need to look at top mountings as well? looking for advise here! For the seat of the pants driving, I have an SLK55 for that!
Lower mount and upper torque mount will be fine then.

Dannycowley

Paid Member
Not sure where in South Wales you are but Longlife in Caerphilly will do new flexes in situ, it’s an absolute pig of a job taking manifold off

Thank you guys, interesting about Longlife, I’ve heard of them, and only 25mins away from Caerphilly, will give them a call!
Appreciate the welcome

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Members 25
T New Members 15
HarryH321 New Members 14
Cheesy New Members 10
S New Members 19