New wheels recommendations

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Hi
As above.. looking for new and light wheels with same offset as the genuine ones.
Must be light otherwise there is no benefits.
Thanks

don't think you'll find wheels with the same offset. let alone lighter wheels.
lightest you can get are OZ's alleggerita, but they're ET55.

Clio has a weirdly high offset compared to other cars so the market is smaller. Best is between et45-55ish

Clio has a weirdly high offset compared to other cars so the market is smaller. Best is between et45-55ish
Best for the varied wheels i assume you mean?
Cuz im pretty much sure the original is the best for this Car handling and so on...
And How much is 7.5 in et?

Why not
What our et offset?(genuine)

offset of the standard 7.5X17 wheel is ET68, i think. not sure.
(i've got 8X18 wheels, like on the clio raider and they're ET66.)

i have a second set for trackdays. braid fullrace R ... http://www.braid.es/wheels/products/competition-wheels_p8/fullrace-wheels_p81/fullrace-r_p424.html

they're only one size (7X17), but you can specify the ET value between 45 and 65. so if you want them to have the same offset as the standard rims, you should go for ET62. thing is, they are not the lightest wheels. (and also not to everyone's taste ...)

other braid wheels won't go as high on offset. max ET55 on an eight inch wide wheel.

@Gordini here on the forum has some 18 inch braid wheels. can't recal what offset they are.

Reactions: Gordini
offset of the standard 7.5X17 wheel is ET68, i think. not sure.
(i've got 8X18 wheels, like on the clio raider and they're ET66.)

i have a second set for trackdays. braid fullrace R ... http://www.braid.es/wheels/products/competition-wheels_p8/fullrace-wheels_p81/fullrace-r_p424.html

they're only one size (7X17), but you can specify the ET value between 45 and 65. so if you want them to have the same offset as the standard rims, you should go for ET62. thing is, they are not the lightest wheels. (and also not to everyone's taste ...)

other braid wheels won't go as high on offset. max ET55 on an eight inch wide wheel.

@Gordini here on the forum has some 18 inch braid wheels. can't recal what offset they are.
I'm running et56, 8x18 Braids
IMG_20161002_142329_zpspwkrgaud.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
18's are overkill i think for these cars
I thought et=offset too ,looks like it is not ,then what is it?
Thx chris ,it would be nice to see some pics of them and weight specs compared the original ones
Cheers[emoji481]
P.s i care about the weight more then the looks so 18's doesnt really match here

Reactions: Dystant
18's are overkill i think for these cars
I thought et=offset too ,looks like it is not ,then what is it?
Thx chris ,it would be nice to see some pics of them and weight specs compared the original ones
Cheers[emoji481]
P.s i care about the weight more then the looks so 18's doesnt really match here

sorry i wasn't clear, but yes ET = offset.

the lightest wheel for our cars is the OZ alleggerita. from what i found on the web, they're just below 7KG, for an 8X17. the OZ ultraleggera is about 7.7KG. both are ET55, which means they extend an extra 19mm than the stock wheel.

the ATS DTC is also a light wheel, 7.2KG for a 7.5X17. don't know the ET-value. but my guess is, they won't be higher than the ET55 on the OZ's. (so they won't sit deeper than the OZ4S.)

if you don't mind the wheels extending that much, go for the alleggerita. it's the lightest you'll find. if you do mind, look for a brand where you can have your wheels custom made, like braid. and in contrary to what many think, those braids, even custom made, won't break the bank. mine where cheaper than the OZ's.

Reactions: Legend@wheels
thank you m8 i appreciate that .
Do you know the original wheels weight?
And what are the benefits/cons for higher /lower offset from the oe ones?

Reactions: peter
thank you m8 i appreciate that .
Do you know the original wheels weight?
And what are the benefits/cons for higher /lower offset from the oe ones?

from memory, standard 197/200 wheels are around 10.5kg, speedlines around 1kg lighter.