New tyres

I really rate Continental. Had original fitment Contisport Contact 3s & found them great. Fitted Contisport Contact 5s on rears when fronts wore out & put the original 3s on the front. Can't fault them & that includes a track day at Snetterton where I was running both in the dry & the wet.

I'd stick with Continental or Goodyear myself. Both very good tires. I've used Uniroyal Rainsport 3s on my previous car, but found the sidewalls to be a bit soft, so not sure I'd like to fit them on a car like the Clio as it could make the turn in feel a bit wobbly and loose some of that feel. They were fantastic in the wet though so defiantly a good wet weather tyre.

Id love some semis on mine but the eagle f1s are so good all round and i travel rural so do need some grip when it rains/muddy in spring and autum, winters in winter...

Yeah for the UK I think the best options are either the Eagle F1's or the ContiSport 5's - they're great in all conditions and certainly excel on wet/damp roads. I actually have both at the moment, new F1's at the front, and some Conti 5's at the back and no complaints against either tyre.

I'd love to be running something like AD08R's, but we just don't have the weather unfortunately :worried:

What model f1's are you guys on about? Just bought a set of Speedlines with F- Gs-d2's, are they any good?

Thats actually not bad for KwikFit if that includes fitting as well?

They're £67.69 from Tyreleader (generally allow £10-15 per tyre for fitting costs) - https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/215-45-r17-91y-392655

Yeah includes fitting, balancing etc. Price only available online, god knows what price they would charge if you just walked into a branch

The tyreleaders one is 91Y XL, so reinforced sidewalls. This is probably the one to get:
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/215-45-r17-87y-428524

Last edited:
Has anybody got any experience of the Nokian zLine? The ratings on tyrereviews for them are fantastic and I was wondering if anyone could back this up? Seems too good to be true, and we know what that usually means.

Yeah includes fitting, balancing etc. Price only available online, god knows what price they would charge if you just walked into a branch

The tyreleaders one is 91Y XL, so reinforced sidewalls. This is probably the one to get:
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/215-45-r17-87y-428524

I got mine from KwitFit online they are a very good price, came and fitted them outside my work too which for me is a massive bonus. Did give them a call as there was 20% off Goodyear tyres in branch to see how much and it was something ridiculous like £450 for 4 thats with the 20% discount too!

I went in for a puncture repair on a tyre, they couldn't repair it so I queried the price for Eagle F1's in store - they wanted £125 per tyre.

Got them to throw the busted tyre back on, I pumped some air back into it to get home, got straight online and ordered 2 from Tyre Leader at circa £68 each :smile:

I've been very happy with the Eagle F1 too, seems a very good all-rounder and the wear has been decent in the 11/12 months I've had them. For the price you can get them too it's well worth it!

As for the Nokian that was mentioned...I've never heard of them before so can't comment, however I'd say stick with what you know and what people rate as being good.

Eagle F1 Assy 2's here for me aswell, went to Nankangs and they died in like 6-8k miles (6 months for me) so swapped back to Goodyears. Tyreleader is the cheapest place I've ever found them. Replaced all 4 for the price of just 2 fitted in the UK, mental.

I have 225 / 40/ 17 on car which is best size for my speed line alloys?

Last edited: