New tyres

Hi everyone, I thinking about getting new tyres for my 197 and was just wondering what others have been using or would recommend?
i use the car to get to work and back so not track tyres

cheers!

Mine came with maxxis victras, there crap don't buy them, I cannot wait to get rid of them.

I bought some wheels off a guy from here and they came with contis, looking forward to trying them. Over winter I'm putting Nokian WRA3s on (they are winter tyres) and when my tyres eventually die (both sets) after reviews I will be buying Nankangs off mr [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

AD08R's.

I can't recommend enough. Once warmed up they're lethal in a good way.

Conti's are ****. Sport Contact 3's are disappointing. Hope the experience is a bit better for you though!

AD08R's.

I can't recommend enough. Once warmed up they're lethal in a good way.

Conti's are ****. Sport Contact 3's are disappointing. Hope the experience is a bit better for you though!
believe [MENTION=45559]Mr197[/MENTION] said no track oriented tyres..otherwise I would have recommended the AD08R's too...

[RPM];523909 said:
4 Michelin Pilot Sport3 ordered :jase2:

I'd cancel the order and buy something else, not a great tyre. It's the Michelin PSS that are a decent tyre, the PS3's are mid range and not an update of the PS2 which was more of a performance tyre.

I'd cancel the order and buy something else, not a great tyre. It's the Michelin PSS that are a decent tyre, the PS3's are mid range and not an update of the PS2 which was more of a performance tyre.

I have a friend who changed from the PS2 to the PS3 on his Megane RS250 and he said the dry grip and overall handling of the car was much worse.

I have a friend who changed from the PS2 to the PS3 on his Megane RS250 and he said the dry grip and overall handling of the car was much worse.

Not surprised, I had PS3's on the front of mine when I bought it and they were utter rubbish. Masses of understeer and little bite.

I quite liked the predictably of the continental 3's on stock suspension. There was enough warning before getting out of shape.

Eagle F1 asymmetric is what I'm running currently. They are excellent for everyday driving, and grip much longer than the conti. But when they start losing grip, it's a bit harder to correct.

I think it's a very well-priced tyre for what you are getting. Lifespan is pretty good too.

Hope this helps.