New Steering Rack

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Daft question but does anyone know if a new steering rack from Renault comes with track rod arms and ends?

I only ask because garage says the knocking from front of my 197 is down to worn track rod arms and time I added up new parts it was getting close to the same cost as a new rack!!

Feedback appreciated.

yes they do. I got a 200 cup rack from renault parts direct. Mine was knocking and I replaced inner and outer track rods and it still knocked. Pig of a job though

Daft question but does anyone know if a new steering rack from Renault comes with track rod arms and ends?

I only ask because garage says the knocking from front of my 197 is down to worn track rod arms and time I added up new parts it was getting close to the same cost as a new rack!!

Feedback appreciated.
It should be pretty straightforward to check the inner and outer track rods with the front wheels off the floor. That would be my first check. Give them a visual check (torn/ripped boots) and also check for play.

Ends seemed ok but arms were clunking bad. Thought I'd do both though on both sides which makes parts £170.

New rack about £250

Havent considered labour

Sub-framed has to be dropped to remove steering rack so Id imagine will be considerably more than replacing the track rods. Steering rack is a known fault though.

Gone with new arms and ends.
Genuine Renault parts £285 supplied and fitted.
Happy with that