New record so far

So after my week at work I have set a new record. Just got 335miles from 3/4 of a tank of fuel . I'm normally into red by now needing to fill. Computer says 123 miles left to empty . And on bp 95 Ron fuel too :smile:

So after my week at work I have set a new record. Just got 335miles from 3/4 of a tank of fuel . I'm normally into red by now needing to fill. Computer says 123 miles left to empty . And on bp 95 Ron fuel too :smile:

Thats mental. I got 122 miles out of my tank of super at Bedford Autodrome last time:thumbup::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Brimmed my tank last weekend, did Solihull > Leeds > Whitby > Leeds which was about 280 miles and then trip computer showed 130 miles left and it was 120 miles home so didn't want to risk it and topped up a bit.

Must've been very close to a 400 mile tank though :smile: easily the best I've achieved.

Am i the only one here who are using 98 octane?

First day of 200 ownership for me today, and im new to these cars in general. (But i'm sure this topic must have been covered 10'000 times here i'm sure......)

IS Super-unleaded etc worth it in these cars, are they really able to utilise the premium fuel................?

First day of 200 ownership for me today, and im new to these cars in general. (But i'm sure this topic must have been covered 10'000 times here i'm sure......)

IS Super-unleaded etc worth it in these cars, are they really able to utilise the premium fuel................?

I believe they can as they have a knock sensor. I usually use Tesco 99 as it's not really that expensive for premium petrol (6ppl more than standard unleaded)

I believe they can as they have a knock sensor. I usually use Tesco 99 as it's not really that expensive for premium petrol (6ppl more than standard unleaded)

Cheers.

Not got my manual to hand, and certainly not had time to read it yet......

Does / do / have Renault ever stated what fuel these cars should run on ?

As far as i know 95 minimum and " recommended"98 octane.
And cant really tell about your first question seven...hard to know
But one thing i can tell you my car's previous owner was running 95 octane for 40 k miles since new ,and as far as i can see ,no damage .( and i hope will not be)
Not really related to here ,but i have annoying engine sound and vibration after 3 k rpm to 3.5-+ Really annoying!!

Last edited:
In my ownership I've only ever ran mine on VPower, stick inside the fuel cap says 98 IIRC. Only ever put £10 of normal in once when I was in the middle of nowhere haha.

In my ownership I've only ever ran mine on VPower, stick inside the fuel cap says 98 IIRC. Only ever put £10 of normal in once when I was in the middle of nowhere haha.

Sticker shows 95 and 98 on the inside of the fuel cap. It doesn't specify just 1.

Same as many others though, I've only used Tesco 99 (first few months) and V-Power (for the last 9 months+) in mine - seemed to just run a bit smoother on the V-Power over 99 so I stuck with it :smile:

Sticker shows 95 and 98 on the inside of the fuel cap. It doesn't specify just 1.

Same as many others though, I've only used Tesco 99 (first few months) and V-Power (for the last 9 months+) in mine - seemed to just run a bit smoother on the V-Power over 99 so I stuck with it :smile:

Which means i made my first 'RenaultSport faux-pas' approx 50 yards into ownership. Pulled into the garage opposite dealership and stuck in £50 worth of 95 octane..........:innocent: