New rear lights for the 200

r&skxa

Gold Member
Got presents!! Hehe. Look nice and easy to fit Can't wait to get them on but it'll have to wait till the weekend
7u7azu5e.jpg

I thought the other ones would've been too dark but now I've got these ones I think it was just the light of the photos. I don't mind them not looking original, I try to be different. Doesn't always work in my favour though. People that are different get picked on lol.
What were they like to fit?
[MENTION=4138]GW200Jay[/MENTION] they were £150 ish. They came from Germany, according to invoice €174.

Yes easy to fit, simple plug and play, bit fiddley when lining up to put back in as I kept getting a little gap, but after time got it right

Only a couple of days to turn up. Fitting isn't as good as I'd like. Doesn't sit quite as flush as the old ones so I'm going to have to work something out

With perseverance u can get flush, took me a while but they do, but like u say not the greatest fit compared to standard, but it's aftermarket so never perfect

I have no patience lol.
As far as I can see, the top part, where you screw the top screw, the plastic behind the unit is too long so it sits out too far and the gold locators on the outside edge of the lamp aren't long enough to keep them inside the grey inserts on the bodywork. The tighter you screw on the lamp it decides to pop out on the outside edge, if you understand any of that lol.
I've got them and they are sitting okay just not how I want to sit. I'll have another go tomorrow with something over the locators to keep them in, probably tubing over them, then I've got to come up with a genius idea to stop water going down the back.

Did u use the black pad things, yes know the black plastic bit your on about, yrs don fit flush like originals, pissed down here for days and so far survived

What black pad things? The foam that was around the old clusters? Nope. Suppose to?

We've just had a thunderstorm here with near flooding lol. I'm guessing the old ones weren't waterproof and as the wiring for these are covered I'm probably worrying for no reason.

I got that black foam pads with mine I used them had about 2 for each side so used them for any gap when boot open, they should have come with your lights

[MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION] what's your gap like at the top of the lamp? I've got around a 5mm gap.

We had a downpour tonight so I put two rags at the top of the lamp and shut the boot. Outcome was a glass of water from each rag so water will definitely be going down there. The original ones are flush against the bodywork.

I'm going to have another go at them tomorrow and if I can't get them to sit how I think they should....they'll be winging their way back to Germany

@steve11 what's your gap like at the top of the lamp? I've got around a 5mm gap.

We had a downpour tonight so I put two rags at the top of the lamp and shut the boot. Outcome was a glass of water from each rag so water will definitely be going down there. The original ones are flush against the bodywork.

I'm going to have another go at them tomorrow and if I can't get them to sit how I think they should....they'll be winging their way back to Germany

The black plastic section above the lens that is hidden under the hatch sits out 5mm as you described (that is not an issue) but the lights themselves sit perfectly flush as per oem.
Mine also have the foam insulation mentioned.
I have used a hi pressure cleaner on them many times & never had a drop of water get in.

Last edited: