New pressure washer

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Well guys just got back from holiday and left my car in to be sprayed and detailed while I was away , I'll post some photos up later or tomorrow when I pick it up . I was thinking of getting into the whole snow foam thing to keep it nice I've seen a Karcher K2 120 (£69.99 home base) and a lance fron clean your car £45 would these be any good ? Any advice would be great on what to buy and best way to use it plus I've just bought these from chemical guys ( Detailers radiant finish kit which includes (Blacklight Hybrid Radiant finish,Hybrid V7),Glossworks,New trim gel,Diablo wheel cleaner,Autoglym vinyl and rubber care and 2 bucket sets. Thanks all

Go for it at the end of the day we all have our favourites and you will soon find yours enjoy your detailing sessions:thumbup:

Personally I think Karscher are ****. I've got an entry level Karscher and its been nothing but unreliable and limp wristed. I've read some good reviews of the Nilfisk ones, apparently their entry level models (which is what your looking at for that sort of money) are built better than the Karschers.

Just check that you can get the correct Snow Foam adaptor if you buy anything other than Karscher. I'm sure the guys at Swissvax do a nilfisk adaptor for their Snow Foam bottle which is about £50 (inc 5ltr snow foam).

Edit: Just realised I look like a typical moany git above, but I'm from Yorkshire so I'm tight and haven't gotten around to replacing the Karscher that I hate so much lol! :smiley:

I've got a karcher too.... Not the best on market but am not into the pressure wash thing. It puts snow foam on great and that's all I use it for. Although I do connect it to a mixer tap and use it with warm water (not hot) and it does a lot better

Thanks for the reply what about the chemical guys Foam cannon wash kit looks like it just attaches to your hose pipe anyone tried this?

For proper foam you'll need a pressure washer. I've a Gilmour Foam master 2 (used with a normal hose just like that chemical guys one) and it's ok but nowhere near as good as a proper foam lance, and the Gilmour is the best of this type available.

As for a pressure washer look for something with an induction motor rather than a universal motor. The cheaper Karchers all use universal motors (as do pretty much all cheap pressure washers). Have a look at the Nilfisk C130 pressure washer. It's a bit more than the Karcher you mention above but it's built to last, uses a induction motor and has a two year warranty. Get it from www.cleanstore.co.uk and they'll deliver it for free (and they're the cheapest in the country).

i've had a kercher for 3 or 4 years now.

only issue has been when its winter and freezes due to me keeping it in the garage.

I just warm it with the hairdryer and away i go.......

look at ultimate finish which have a lance for virtually every PW, they are very, very good and i've bought tons of stuff off them. The more you spend the more discount you get.

LINK TO LANCES

For a lance sign up to detailing world and look in the group buy section. Autobrite are doing their HD lance (with any fitment) for around £40 which is a bargain.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate Detailing 64
darren9 Detailing 7
F Detailing 1
Jamz72 Detailing 17
HarryH321 Detailing 2