new parcel today :)

had this delivered today :smile:

just awaiting de;ivery of my new battery should come in the next couple of days, im away all of the month until april 1st then i will be looking into having it fitted :smile:

Attachments

• v6 box.jpg
    v6 box.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
Nice one !

Remember and grind off the 'lug' that fouls the intake hose or over time it'll put a hole in it.

Either that or tape some foam over it.

cheers guys, mark which 'lug' are you on about?

ive never heard this mentioned before, im guessing its in the engine bay!?

I think Mark means the one on the bulkhead that's holding the sound-deadening stuff...

I'm going to eventually cut out a section of the sound-deadening to get the pipe perfectly straight. It's not easy to fit it all, but it's well worth it.

I think Mark means the one on the bulkhead that's holding the sound-deadening stuff...

I'm going to eventually cut out a section of the sound-deadening to get the pipe perfectly straight. It's not easy to fit it all, but it's well worth it.

oh right i see! i'll look into that when i get it fitted thanks for the advice

No probs mate!!!

You might find the pipe has a slight kink of sorts in it on one of the bends once it's fitted, it won't effect performance so don't worry. This is what I'm aiming to correct with a bit of fiddling with the Stanley knife when I get a spare half hour. You could also do with fashioning up a mount for the smaller fuse box to sit on as Litchy has done, mine is currently held in place with some Cable Ties which seem to be doing the job fine to be honest but I might eventually get around to doing something with that too. :smiley:

lol yes ive seen your 'kink' :tongueout: hopefully i should get it on straight enough withought to much chopping away:smile:

hmmm good idea actually will have alook at litchy's photos on it amd see what he's done,

haha cable ties! fair one though good perseverance! however you cant show off a car held together with cable ties:wink:

I know, it's shameful really considering the amount of effort that's gone in to the rest of things!!! :smiley:

To be honest, you can't actually see them, but I know they're there which eats away at me a bit hahaha!!! You only really need a small plastic bracket to bolt/attach to the Airbox on one end and the fusebox on the other. You could probably even use some kind of glue/sealant but that'd be a bit gypsy too really.

Hahaha why can the word ''kink'' never be taken serisously!?! :smiley: I, erm, cut some length, out of my pipe which seemed to take some of the kink away. I don't want to cut any more length off though...

hahah very shamefull indeed!!!

i know what you mean about it being there bugging you! my front grills are faded and although i cant see them..i know they're there and it annoys me lol

hmmm i dont know if bolting it to the actual airbox would be wise to be honest,
glue would be a bit scouse :tongueout:

lol it's a cowboy word for bend :tongueout: you cut the pipe:0
your a braver man than me!! i'd leave it personally

the chap who visited the factory took pictures of the cup racer and the hose had some sort of bracket on the back holding it in position not sure if anyone has noticed it?

The grills are buggers, I have some stuff that brings them up lovely but it only last 3-4 weeks.

Hahaha I only took about half an inch of each end to be fair!!! I've not noticed any bracket before, I'll have a look and see if I can find a part number.

haha yes they are, ive been thinking for a wile about having them painted..

so living down the road from sprayshack i'll be paying him a visit when im back i think

yes it looks like the hose just pushes into it tbh

Cut the sound deadening out round about the hose and it won't kink. But there's a little lug/bracket that needs cut off to stop it fouling the hose.

Nothing to worry about though mate.

No one sent this hose away yet to have it replicated for different colours and less of a wait?

Yep made a bracket (or should I say I had a bracket made). Its quite cool and works. Hose bugs me cause its quite squashed but not sure whether it makes that much difference. I'm thinking of getting another Hose that angles differently at some point....

When I eventually get my car back :worried:

yea fair one i'll cut some shapes out lol

who made the bracket for you litchy? be interesting too see it... looked in your progress thread but could not find pictures:/

wheres your car??