New pads

The shapes look right and they are damn cheap...

I suppose the only question is would you trust them?

Or could they just be a case of price over performance?

Only had a quick skim but I can't see any brand name on them. But, bear in mind that they're about a tenth of the price of genuine pads..... there must be a reason for that!!!

Generally I think you get what you pay for and honestly, brakes are one of the most important parts on a car to buy with that philosophy (tyres being the other one).

If you're dead set on spending less than standard then look for something by a respected brand, I would suggest either ferrodo or mintex's standard range of pads

OMP are decent, you can get them from YB Racing who are the main UK OMP importer.

Pagid are meant to be good too and are generally cheaper than the standard Brembo/Ferodo stuff. Indeed the Brembo Pads are made by Ferodo anyway and they do a "Performance" range which falls below the DS2500 stuff, might be worth a try? As for shops, any motor factor really along with the usual suspects like Demon Tweeks and Motorsport World...

The description says they are made by 'Brakeworld'. To be honest its a brand I have heard of as my mechanic mate uses them regularly his customers cars (they ask for cheap so he obliges). He prefers to fit Ferodo or Mintex but not everybody will pay the extra few quid. They're not a brand I'd fit, but I tend to fit OE or better when replacing any part.

Yes the OE Brembo/Renault ones are £98 front and £46 rear (from K Tec) but is £70 and £22 more really that much money when it comes to brakes?

Last edited:
Even though you don't use your car on the track, your car can still reach high speeds... If you have become accustomed to a certain quality of brakes (consciously or not) then I would advise that you maintain that quality... It could be cheaper now, but costly in the long run...

Last thing should skimp on with car's is brake's or tyre's.

For the rear them pads probley will be fine, cant see back doing much 2bh but i'd defo spend extra money on some better front pads.

Last thing should skimp on with car's is brake's or tyre's.

For the rear them pads probley will be fine, cant see back doing much 2bh but i'd defo spend extra money on some better front pads.

my thoughts exactly!

will be "pattern" parts - inferior copies of oe spec items - only way you can get them for that price!

It's not just the braking performance you need to think of when buying cheap pads, either for front or rear.

Also consider:
Wear rate - if they wear 10 times faster you haven't saved any money
Fit in callipers - a poor fit can cause squealing/knocking
Brake dust - lost of dust? Corrosive on alloys?
Integrity of pad material - cheaper pads can crumble, especially on faster cars where they get hot

Just a few things to think about, probably a load more things you could add to that list!