New (old) member

massivewangers

Paid Member
I was on here a couple of years ago, when I had this RB 197:

IMG-20210510-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20210510-WA0031.jpg

I sold that car as I was moving overseas to Saudi Arabia. Anyway, rather accidentally, I have ended up buying a ratty old 197 out here:

PXL_20230322_195206229.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20230322_195254632.NIGHT.jpg

With that, I thought it was about time I came back! The list of jobs on this car is LONG, and finding parts here is not easy. Not sure if I will keep it long-term, as I might still buy something newer, but I desperately needed a car, so why not?!

First job is lower torque mount, as it feels like the engine wants to fall out of the car :tearsofjoy:

No idea you could get a RenaultSport in Saudi! Surely you need a Land Cruiser to blend in with the locals?
Any tracks out there?

Are you in Riyadh or Jeddah? I had a 197 in the UK which I sold when I moved to Riyadh for work. I bought a 200 this year to drive during my trips back to the UK loool. How on earth did you find a clio in Saudi? Ive only seen one 197 in the 5 years ive been here!

No idea you could get a RenaultSport in Saudi! Surely you need a Land Cruiser to blend in with the locals?
Any tracks out there?

You could get some, but not all I think. They sold the 182, 197, 200 and 200t here, and the MK2 and MK4 Megane. Not sure they sold the MK3 though weirdly!

There is the F1 track here in Jeddah of course, but it's not generally open to the public. There is another circuit just outside Riyadh (the capital) which has recently reopened after being closed for a few years. It's about a 10 hour drive from me though :tearsofjoy:

Run a rally IG account by any chance? I recognise the pics of your old one.

That's me! The old car was for sale a while ago actually. It's had a new engine since I had it though for some reason.

Are you in Riyadh or Jeddah? I had a 197 in the UK which I sold when I moved to Riyadh for work. I bought a 200 this year to drive during my trips back to the UK loool. How on earth did you find a clio in Saudi? Ive only seen one 197 in the 5 years ive been here!

I'm in Jeddah. They're definitely rare here. I only know of two other 197s; both LY R27s. I did look at a red 200 last year but it was knackered. There is an RB 200 here too. I know of two 182s and two Megane 225s, so it's definitely an exclusive club!

Reactions: Usman

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO New Members 1
jasonlovesfrench New Members 11
Jcs New Members 4
B New Members 4
Not a Diesel!!! New Members 6