Morning all,

Just thought I’d introduce myself as I’m new to the forum.

I’m Phil from Devon and have recently purchased a Clio 197. She’s standard apart from lowering springs and the wheels are black but could do with another refurb.

I bought her specifically to be able to do a few track days whilst still being a decent daily. I did Bedford autodrome a few months ago and she lasted 10 laps before the cluctch slave burst and my day was over! Not the best start but hey ho, these things do happen.

Just on the off chance anyone does know, I have been looking around the forum and have noticed a few sections (particularly the ‘how to’) says I don’t have permission to view the thread when I click on them. Anybody have any ideas why?

Cheers,

Phil

Attachments

• 12B9D9FB-09BF-4D01-A65D-DFE0838DFE30.png
    12B9D9FB-09BF-4D01-A65D-DFE0838DFE30.png
    1 MB · Views: 18
Morning all,

Just thought I’d introduce myself as I’m new to the forum.

I’m Phil from Devon and have recently purchased a Clio 197. She’s standard apart from lowering springs and the wheels are black but could do with another refurb.

I bought her specifically to be able to do a few track days whilst still being a decent daily. I did Bedford autodrome a few months ago and she lasted 10 laps before the cluctch slave burst and my day was over! Not the best start but hey ho, these things do happen.

Just on the off chance anyone does know, I have been looking around the forum and have noticed a few sections (particularly the ‘how to’) says I don’t have permission to view the thread when I click on them. Anybody have any ideas why?

Cheers,

Phil

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Your car looks great!

To be able to access the full forum, which includes things like the How To Section and the For Sale threads you have to be a paid member. It's only £6 for the year, this supports the forum and gives to access to all sections which is full of endless knowledge.

If hover over your name in the top right of the page, a drop down menu appears and you will see the memberships link - Click on that and it will take you to the page that fully explains everything.

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Your car looks great!

To be able to access the full forum, which includes things like the How To Section and the For Sale threads you have to be a paid member. It's only £6 for the year, this supports the forum and gives to access to all sections which is full of endless knowledge.

If hover over your name in the top right of the page, a drop down menu appears and you will see the memberships link - Click on that and it will take you to the page that fully explains everything.

Cheers for the info

welcome to the club..any plans for it??:french:

Hi mate, thanks. There are always little bits that need doing! Since I’ve had her I’ve replaced the clutch and re-fitted the centre exhaust silencer as the previous owner took it out and the flat spot was absolutely horrific. It drives like a different car now it’s back to standard. I’ve got pure motorsport rear stub axle spacers to go on when I get an afternoon.

I have been reading up on the ‘Meglio’ conversions and I imagine I will go down this route eventually. I’m no stranger to an engine conversion and this looks easier than most! I have read your progress threads on yours with great interest in fact

yeah best of both worlds really..i couldnt complain..did everything for me till i sold her..hope it goes well if you decide to go the turbo way...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0