new member!

hi im new to the forum,
im looking to buy an early 197 soonish and have around £5000 to spend. im on the south coast and will probs be looking at clios from around 55,000 miles to 75,000 miles. anyone got any advice for buying one of this age or general advice about owning a clio.
would be cool to hear your guys advice, cheers,
Rob

Check tthat the cambelt has been done, the gear changes are smooth with no crunches (thes cars can suffer as many get a hard life).
The better one you get, so long as you care for it will be cheaper in the long run.
I paid £4200 for mine in july, it 2006 car with 57000 miles I think it had. But my car has scruffy seats and had a big dent.
Good luck with your search.

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search :smile: the Buyer's Guide is brilliant and will really help you out. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

With the budget you have, you should be able to find a good example.

They are terrific cars to own and - most importantly - drive!

cheers for the comments guys. after reading buying guide which is great btw! whats the difference in the chassis between std 197 and 197 cup?

Welcome. If you love driving and want a fun car, you have made the right choice. I had my 197 from new and drove her for 90000 miles which included regularly competing in Clubsport events with our motor club with plenty of success and a great deal of fun. The only problem I had was the manifold at 89000 miles and the regular service items and tyres. The steering wheel was getting pretty manky and the drivers seat bolster was showing wear but hey, what would you expect! I love her so much that rather than sell her, she has now joined a few others in my partners car collection for weekend fun, while I have bought a low mileage 200 to take over the daily commute. I looked after the 197 and she never missed a beat. It's all about previous care and attention rather than mileage or age in my opinion.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0