New Member - Wanting a Track Car

dazzab

Paid Member
Morning All,
Just signed up to your mega forum.
Been lurking for a while and on the lookout for a 197 track car than can be driven on the street.
Done a few track days in my Nissan GTR which is pretty costly, so I'm wanting a cheaper but still fun alternative.
Seen plenty of 197s on track and chatted to a few owners so i'm here to increase my knowlwdge and get some good advice.
Cheers
Daz

Beany

Platinum Member
Pictures of the GTR would be nice....

Best advice would be to become a paid member (£5 for the year) which supports the forum but mostly it offers access to the buyers guide which is a nugget of information for any potential buyer...

I know if your looking at a track spec car you won’t be bothered too much about certain things but it gives the insight at what mechanical things need attention; balljoints and timing belt etc

Reactions: Addison and dazzab

bedoef

Platinum Member
I would also ask for service history - if its a fast road car thats mostly stock, at this age and higher mileage you will be staring down the barrel of a lot of repairs to get it in good shape for track days.

Ask me how I know....

dazzab

Paid Member

Best advice would be to become a paid member (£5 for the year) which supports the forum but mostly it offers access to the buyers guide which is a nugget of information for any potential buyer...

I know if your looking at a track spec car you won’t be bothered too much about certain things but it gives the insight at what mechanical things need attention; balljoints and timing belt etc

Yeah, that's fair enough - subscribed.

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany

dazzab

Paid Member
I would also ask for service history - if its a fast road car thats mostly stock, at this age and higher mileage you will be staring down the barrel of a lot of repairs to get it in good shape for track days.

Ask me how I know....
Haha, I know that feeling, I used to own a Mini Cooper S!
I have a couple of cars in mind, so what I might do is post details on here and ask for opinions.
Owners will likely be forum members anyways...

Reactions: bedoef and RSRowe

Similar Thread Suggestions